This is an
exciting opportunity for enthusiastic practitioners to join Washwood Heath
Academy and work with us as part of the teamwhich rapidly transforms the school to
one that offers outstanding provision and is school of choice in its community.
Starting as soon
as possible, we wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our existing
Inclusion team. The purpose of the post is to carry out a range of duties that
enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated
curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other
members of the Inclusion team and teachers to promote high standards of
inclusion and learning opportunities.
The core purpose
of this role is to:
- Support students
with SEND and EAL needs in class and out of class
- Plan and deliver
a selection of interventions to small groups of students
- Work with class
teachers to raise the learning and attainment of students
- Promote students’
independence, self-esteem and social inclusion
- Provide support
to students, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take
part in learning and experience a sense of achievement
Duties will include:
- Contributing to
effective assessment and planning by supporting the monitoring, recording and
reporting of pupil performance and progress as appropriate to the level of the
- Using allocated
time to devise clearly structured activities that interest and motivate
learners and advance their learning
- Providing cover
for colleagues when required
- Providing high
quality learning resources for all students though the use of adaptations and
- Liaising with
parents/carers/outside agencies where appropriate to support progress of
their knowledge and understanding of students to other school staff and
education, health and social care professionals, so that informed decision
making can take place on intervention and provision.
We can offer you:
· A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
· A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
· A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
· A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
· A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
· Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
· A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
· Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
· Onsite parking
· A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
NB - CVs will not be accepted
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed
We value our people and are dedicated to making
sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We
have an outstanding opportunity to work at Washwood Heath Academy as a Level 3
We promise to treat all candidates fairly,
consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and
We are also “happy to talk flexible working”
subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order
1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and
activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do
not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers
cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can
be found in the DBS
This post is covered by Part 7 of the
Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English
is an essential requirement for this role.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects
all staff to share this commitment. An
enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
here to refer to our Privacy Notice for Candidate
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.