- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider full-time, term time
Term Time Only plus one week
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Grade 4 Support Staff Payscale. Full Time equivalent salary £19,698 - £23,080
- Actual salary
- £17,377 - £20,361
Job summaryTerms and Conditions: Permanent, 37 hours per week, term time only (+ 1 week)
Actual Salary: £17,377 - £20,361 pro rata per annum
Full time equivalent salary: £19,698 - £23,080 (Grade 4)
Required: As soon as possible
About the role
We are seeking to appoint a Literacy Intervention Tutor to provide support to students with literacy and dyslexia difficulties through bespoke interventions; working with curriculum areas to ensure that students with low levels of literacy and/or dyslexia are able to develop strategies to help them make good progress.
The postholder will work with students with a specific learning difficulty (SpLD) supporting their learning and assisting with their progress to obtain the maximum benefit from the school curriculum.
The role will support the SENDCo / Assistant SENDCo and include literacy screening to identify SpLD, provide one to one and small group tuition, establish and deliver a coherent and appropriate curriculum for groups of students, assessment guidance, and provide training to the wider school to meet the needs of all students with SpLD.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds a suitable relevant higher level qualification in English or similar subject, such as a degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of literacy and dyslexia difficulties and bespoke interventions
- Excellent knowledge and experience of recommended assessments for students identified with dyslexic type difficulties
- A good understanding of the needs and characteristics of students across the age range 11-19 in particular with literacy and dyslexia difficulties
- Recent experience of working with young people, either in a school setting, or involvement in voluntary work.
- Experience of using a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office
- Confidence to work in a challenging environment and work under pressure handling situations with patience and sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills
Applying for the job
How to apply
All applications must be received electronically via our TES page: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/blue-coat-school-and-music-college-1000375
If you experience any problems with the online application process please contact TES directly: email@example.com
If you have any queries about the post, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.