Main Pay Scale Teacher Key Stage TBC
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
20 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time Permanent Teaching Post Payscale M1-M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
- teach sensitively and effectively, displaying good teaching practice in line with the aims and objectives of the school’s ethos and policies;
- carry out statutory assessment requirements in line with Government Policy;
- work closely with colleagues in the planning and preparation of work, assessment and record keeping;
- manage a stimulating classroom environment and ensure appropriate care of materials and equipment within the classroom;
- liaise with class teachers, the Headteacher, parents and outside agencies in relation to individual pupils;
- report to the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher or other member of SMT on a day-to-day basis on any pastoral or medical problems concerning pupils;
- work with the SENCO in the planning of activities for children with special educational needs;
- take a shared responsibility for high quality display of work around the school;
- take part in a range of whole school activities including assemblies, sports, concerts, festivals, etc.
- setting tasks which
challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest; setting appropriate
and demanding expectations building on prior attainment;
- identifying SEN or very able pupils;
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
- making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study;
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time;
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- using a variety of teaching methods to match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary; ensuring pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness;
- account of pupils' needs by providing structured learning opportunities which develop the areas of learning identified in national and local policies and particularly the foundations for literacy and numeracy;
What the school offers its staff
Burwell Village College Primary School is an exciting place to work. We have completely restructured the way we deliver the curriculum and made a significant investment in staff development. We are determined that the school will provide the best possible opportunities for pupils and teachers and therefore we have invested significant time and money into developing the best curriculum. Our structure allows pupils to make choices and take some ownership over what they are learning. We have also given teachers additional time for professional development (½ day per week) to ensure that we can be the best teaching team, learning from each other and developing deep professional knowledge.
We are looking for teachers who are outstanding practitioners or have the potential to be. We need staff who are inspiring and motivating for pupils, able to think about learning and deliver it in an interesting and engaging way. We have a strong support package for teachers, including joint PPA time giving opportunities to share ideas; strong, knowledgeable senior leaders who have time out of the classroom to focus on developing teaching and learning, and opportunities to create and refine our own curriculum.
The children here are well-behaved, hard-working and eager to learn. The facilities are fantastic with space and equipment readily available. Parents are keen to support the school and are positive about the improvements already being made.
This is a brilliant opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of the over four hundred children. If you really want to have a measurable impact on children’s life chances, Burwell could be the school for you.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Burwell Village College (Primary)
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 415 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01638 613103
Burwell Village College Primary School is at an exciting time in its journey. We have just appointed a new Headteacher and a new Governing Body and are putting in place plans to ensure that our children get the best possible opportunities to succeed.
Arranging a visit to Burwell Village College (Primary)
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Petersfield CofE Aided Primary School
Hurdleditch Road, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5QG
2x KS2 Teacher - 1 permanent & 1 Temporary Position
Cherry Hinton Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
High Street, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1 9HH
Upwood Primary Academy
Ramsey Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE26 2QA
Spring Meadow Infant School
High Barns, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4RB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cambridge and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough