Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Early years, KS1
Fixed term (Although the post is initially for one year, this has potential to be extended subject to funding.)
Main Scale Teacher salary
The Governing Body of St. Leonard's C of E Primary School are delighted to be able to offer this exciting opportunity to work at our popular church school. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational classroom practitioner, who has a commitment to Christian education and the Christian ethos of our school. They will be highly motivated, caring and committed to giving all pupils the very best education.
Although the post is initially for one year, this has potential to be extended subject to funding.
Early Careers Teachers are welcome to apply and would be given the opportunity to complete their induction.
The successful candidate will be:
• an exemplary teacher
• committed to and able to support the school's distinctive Christian ethos
• inspirational, enthusiastic and highly motivated
• committed to providing an effective learning environment both indoors and outdoors
• able to creatively plan, prepare and deliver lessons
• able to ensure progress for all pupils
• experienced in promoting the wellbeing of pupils, providing guidance, support and nurture
• able to maintain high standards of behaviour using a nurturing approach
• able to maintain excellent relationships with parents, children and staff
• able to make a positive contribution to our successful team
• committed to whole school improvement
• ambitious personally, academically and professionally
In return we can offer:
• the opportunity to join our friendly and supportive team on our journey towards providing outstanding education for all our pupils
• a Christian family atmosphere, working in partnership with all families and the church community
• hard working and dedicated colleagues who demonstrate drive and passion
• enthusiastic pupils
• a fully committed Governing Body who offer high levels of support and challenge
• opportunities for continued professional development
The school is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
333 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Padiham St Leonard's Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School
Each of our children is a precious and unique individual, with God given talents and abilities, created to fulfil a special role in God’s intricate plan for the world.
‘“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.’ Jeremiah 29:11
Our vision at St Leonard’s is to provide a nurturing, Christian environment where pupils develop a passion for learning about the world around them in order for them to become vibrant learners who use their abilities, knowledge and values to grow into faithful stewards of God’s Creation.
We aim to provide learning and experiences to enable pupils to develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, morally and physically. Our vision is that they develop a depth of understanding which is deep rooted and as such provide a ‘good soil’ so pupils go on to produce a bountiful crop.
‘Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop – a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.’ Matthew 13:8
We want pupils who will produce FRUITS:
• Faith - develop courage, resilience and patience, through their own personal faith in God, so they can retain hope and joy even during hard experiences. (John 1:12)
• Relationships - flourish through strong relationships with themselves, each other, creation and God. (Luke 10:27)
• Uniqueness - have the self-confidence to understand their uniqueness and God-given purpose to become the person God created them to be. (Matthew 10:30)
• Intellect – develop a keen intellect and use this talent and ability wisely to protect and enhance themselves, their communities and the environment. (Proverbs 3:13)
• Treat themselves and others with dignity and respect maintaining a healthy body and thriving community. (1 Peter 2:17)
• Salvation – have a recognition that we need to seek forgiveness through Jesus to become friends with God. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
Nurturing hearts, minds and bodies through Christ.
Arranging a visit to Padiham St Leonard's Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School
To arrange a visit please contact school on 01282 771470