We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative teacher of Mathematics to join our strong team of subject specialists.
The Norton Hill Mathematics department prides itself on excellent student outcomes (9-4 Standard pass rate is consistently around 85% at GCSE), inspiring teaching and high recruitment to sixth-from Mathematics and beyond. We couldn’t achieve this without our sustained commitment to developing each team member into an outstanding practitioner. In fact, lots of our most stunning exam results come from classes led by teachers in their first three years in the profession.
At Norton Hill you will receive an unparalleled level of support, so you will be able to focus on your passion for communicating Mathematical ideas to young people. Here are some of the features most valued by staff who have recently joined the Maths team.
• A comprehensive and easy-to-navigate bank of highly effective classroom resources and homework activities for every topic in the Mathematics curriculum.
• State-of-the-art assessment and tracking technology which allows you to effortlessly map the developing skillset of each of your students.
• The most extensive new staff induction programme in the area, led from within the Mathematics team by highly experienced mentors and coaches.
• A personalised programme of professional development that continues beyond the NQT year to equip you with the experience and expertise to become a future leader in Mathematics. With numerous opportunities to further your career in Mathematics education within the highly successful Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership.
• Norton Hill is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership and as such the Maths staff are part of a wider team of over 40 Maths teachers who regularly collaborate to share best practice and support each other to become outstanding practitioners. Being part of the MNSP also provides superb opportunities for career development with most of the Mathematics leadership team having been developed through the excellent range of CPD available within the trust.
This is an opportunity to become part of an outstanding Mathematics team where the contribution you can make will be valued from the outset. Norton Hill is an oversubscribed and successful school serving Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips and a brief commute from Bath or Bristol.
Interviews: w/c 10.2.2020
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
This post would suit a candidate with an exceptional track record of success with their own exam classes seeking their first subject leadership role or an experienced leader looking for a new challenge. Experience with driving improvement beyond their own classes and inspiring students and colleagues to perform at their very best is essential.
About Norton Hill Academy
Norton Hill is a co-educational, non-selective 11-18 school. Our students come from Midsomer Norton and the surrounding villages of North East Somerset. Norton Hill School prides itself on providing a secure, stable and well-ordered environment based on traditional values and genuine care and concern for individuals. We have just over 1700 students at the school of whom 400 are in the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form. In September 2016 we increased our Year 7 entry to eleven tutor groups, in response to a growing demand for places at Norton Hill. Students at Norton Hill belong to one of five houses: Blackdown, Cotswold, Exmoor, Mendip and Quantock. The House system ensures that every student is known individually, whilst enjoying the opportunities that a large school can offer.
- Charlton Road, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 4AD
- Norton Hill Academy website (opens in a new window)