Ealing Fields High School, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,483|
We are looking for an MFL Teacher (Spanish specialist) in a new school within an aspirational and academically successful multi-academy Trust that offers exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for talented and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools. Ealing Fields offers comprehensive T&L and CPD opportunities for all teachers and has a highly evolved culture of peer-to-peer support and development. The school will move into its brand new permanent site, in Northfields, Ealing, in the summer of 2020. Ealing Fields is a school with a distinctive ethos where relations between staff and students are extremely positive and it is easy for every member of the community to know each other. Staff joining at this time are likely to have a highly motivated drive towards building an outstanding school community within an already high achieving Trust.
The Trust is particularly committed to achieving high standards in the teaching of modern foreign languages and achieves outstanding outcomes and a very high entry rate in this subject area. We are particularly seeking to appoint a teacher of Spanish, and are able to offer an Easter start date (20th April 2020).
This is an exciting role for enthusiastic teachers as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2021). Our oldest Year group started Year 10 in September 2019 so this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, especially at KS4. The post-holder will be joining an innovative, ambitious and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team. Joint working between the Trust schools ensures that there is a very strong programme of European trips and extracurricular activities, making languages high profile within the school community.
This role is suitable for NQT and RQT applicants.
We encourage prospective candidates to visit the school – to arrange a visit, please email the Headteacher, Mark Bedford, at email@example.com
For more information about the school please visit the Twyford Trust and Ealing Fields websites. For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
Essential educational requirements
A good degree
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to teach Spanish to at least KS4
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive and lively Leadership Team
• A full-range of Trust services providing support and development
• Opportunity to gain experience within four different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
|School type||Free School|
|School size||488 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Ealing Fields High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Ealing Fields High School
Wyke Gardens, London, W7 2BB