Music Teacher - Maternity Cover
Southmead Primary School, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £30,257,.00 to £49,209,.00|
We are fully committed to our music provision that includes choir, clarinet tuition (external) and a range of tutors. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and delivery of school concerts whilst taking lead responsibility for the school choir and our singing assemblies.
• Be an excellent classroom teacher with a proven record within your subject
• Be resourceful, innovative and able to embrace change
• Have the knowledge and expertise to enthuse children and your colleagues
• Be a teacher who is committed to personal and professional development
In return we can offer:
• Excellent opportunities for professional development. As a school we have a strong track record in developing middle and senior leaders.
• A well-resourced curriculum.
• A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children and supportive parents.
Essential educational requirements
Please check the TES or Wandsworth Jobs Website for Job Description and Person Specification.
Experience of teaching Music
Essential skills and experience
• Deliver high quality teaching and learning in the subject that inspires and motivates
• Ensure continuity and progress in the subject
• Establish clear targets for achievement in the subject and evaluate progress through the use of appropriate assessments and records
• Develop effective links with the local community including parents, local groups and where appropriate local businesses
• Ensure that all children are provided with equality of opportunity within the subject
• Identify gifted and talented musical pupils and ensure that sufficient opportunities are provided for them to develop their skills further both in school and through out of school opportunities
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||402 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Southmead Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Southmead Primary School
Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
Princes Way, London, SW19 6QT