Teaching assistant SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
Fixed term (Specific Purpose linked to EHCP)
Support Staff Grade E
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled teaching assistant to join our supportive team. The role will involve supporting a child in Early Years who has an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). This child will require 1-1 support within the classroom, with a focus on language acquisition and social communication skills.
We wish to appoint someone who:
• Is passionate about learning and working with children to support their development
• Is an excellent team worker
• Is able to work flexibly across the Early Years setting
• Has experience working in a school
• Has experience of working with pupils displaying a range of learning, social and emotional needs
• Has good standards of maths and English
• Can build positive relationships and relate well to children and adults
• Will support and work closely with the class teacher and SENCo
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Redland Primary School is a popular 10 class primary school in Chippenham, which is well regarded in the community.
As a school, we fundamentally believe in developing and nurturing the whole child. Each child is unique, which is something we celebrate and value as a school. The core skills of English and maths are extremely important, but they alone do not define a child. Providing a curriculum which is enriching and broad, which stimulates interest and curiosity is integral. Alongside this, we actively promote being healthy and as active as possible. We realise that not all children enjoy the same types of sport and activity, so we want to provide them with opportunities to experience a number of alternative sports that can encourage them in a lifelong love of sport and activity. This is supported by educating them in living a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally, through the ‘Jigsaw’ PSHE scheme of learning, and other programmes such as ‘Healthy Heroes.’
Arranging a visit to Redland Primary School
Please call the school on 01249 651623 if you would like to arrange a visit.