NQT Chemistry Teacher
Ark Bolingbroke Academy, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £31,242 to £42,520|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
NQT Chemistry Teacher
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated teacher to develop their career within our passionate and ever courageous community
We are a courageous, compassionate community - empowering excellence. We are a value lead organisation, being bold within every aspect of our lives at school.
We want all staff to thrive and demonstrate leadership and determination when leading our students and pupils within our rich and diverse community. We opened in 2012 with the vision to create a centre of excellence in the community.
We empower our teams by valuing personal and team development. This is through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to develop their own ideas and projects. Our staff’s wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by our internal wellbeing committee we have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of our staff. This is supported by the Ark rewards scheme offering reduced gym membership, free counselling and support services and other perks.
We value the energy and new ideas NQT’s have to bring. Many of our core team were hired at Bolingbroke as NQT’s. We have a strong support structure in place with regular observations, feedback and training.
This role at the centre of our school and within a successful, empowering and dynamic Science department. This is an opportunity to show what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils and students in our community.
Reports to: Head of Science
Start date: September 2020
Salary: Ark MPS (£31,242 –£42,520)
Closing Date: April 21st, 2020: 11am (Candidates may be requested for interview throughout this time)
• To collaborate effectively with other members of the department to secure outstanding practice.
• Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results. Interpret and develop results to make improvements in pupil achievement.
• To work alongside department colleagues to support with designing an engaging and challenging curriculum.
Teaching and learning
• Exude a passion for chemistry which is evident in their day to day classroom practice.
• To deliver outstanding teaching and learning of chemistry, thereby helping pupils achieve excellent academic results.
• To provide stimulating and enriching extra-curricular opportunities for pupils and potentially for members of the wider school community.
School ethos and culture
• Be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations.
• Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its pupils can achieve.
• Provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners.
• Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all pupils
• Have a passion to learn and develop your practice through regular CPD and feedback.
• The ability to question and challenge the status quo and find new and progressive solutions to existing systems.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Completed Teacher training
CPD, Ark training programs, Ark rewards, Free work place counseling
|School type||Free School|
|School size||710 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ark Bolingbroke Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Wakehurst Road, London, SW11 6BF