Thank you for your interest in our Office Support Manager’s post.
This post is a new role that has been created following the announcement that
our long-standing Bursar, responsible for business operations, is about to
retire. It is intended that the new role will work in tandem with myself, and at
relative distance from the front face of the school most of the week, to
support operations across our school.
Do you enjoy playing a leading role in facilitating a
long-term strategic goal? Are you keen
to make a real impact to a disadvantaged community? Do you enjoy supporting others to see a
project through to its conclusion?
Christ Church Primary School is a place where we strive to
make a big difference to enhance the lives and education of our children and
community through our values, ethos and the education we provide where we ‘Love
to learn and Learn to love’. Centred
around a culture where everyone holds high expectations and where we believe
everyone can succeed, we are looking for an organised and efficient individual
to support the Headteacher and wider school operation in the background,
helping to make things happen.
The ideal candidate will:
- Able to give a long-standing commitment and show
a keenness to being an integral part of the school’s journey forward over time
- Have some experience in using financial
information and in budget monitoring
- Be able to communicate warmly and professionally
with contractors, external services and all school stakeholders
- Have impeccable standards of grammar with a
secure and working command of English
- Be able to set up processes and schedules, embracing
the principles of sound operational management
- Demonstrate the ability and an understanding of
people management techniques
- Be competent and efficient in word processing
and in using a range of computer software packages to prepare reports and support
administration such as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Be able to adapt and respond calmly and
effectively to situations which arise in real time
- Manage sensitive information discretely,
maintain confidentiality at all times and hold the Headteacher’s counsel
- Have a sense of humour
Previous experience in business or industry is advantageous
and experience of working in a school, although helpful, is not essential
Visits to come and look around our school are warmly
encouraged and can be arranged by contacting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
can offer you:
- A warm, welcoming team environment, where everyone’s voice matters
and where all are given opportunities to get involved in our journey forward
- Committed staff who show genuine care for the school, its children
and our families
- Time and space to work away from the busy school office
environment so you can get on with your job without distractions
- Some flexibility and the capacity to work off-site on occasion,
accessing essential files and information remotely.
- Access to support, networking and regular training
- A passionate and future focussed senior leadership team who are
open to new ideas and who are committed to making a difference
role includes a range of administrative duties in relation to HR, recruitment,
finance, procurement, health and safety and facilities.
If you are keen to join a
team committed to working together to improve the life-chances and experiences
of our pupils you are strongly encouraged to apply. We are embarking on an
exciting journey forward and we are looking for someone who wants to play an
integral part in making things happen. Please submit the application form with
a covering letter, outlining the skills and experience you could bring to the
To apply for
this post please download the application form.
Date: Wednesday 21st February 2024 at noon
interview Date: Tuesday 27th
your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job post has expired.