PART-TIME (O.6FTE) TEACHER OF PHOTOGRAPHY & ART
Join Hazelwick – a popular, highly-successful and happy community where our students enjoy learning and teachers enjoy teaching
Our shared vision is “for each and every student to achieve their maximum potential.”
Salary: £26,948 - £42,780 per annum pro rata
MPR/UPR including Fringe Area Allowance
Recruitment incentives of up to £10,000 may be available for suitable candidates
Hazelwick is a high achieving and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed secondary school with 1500 students in Years 7 – 11 and 383 students in the 6th form.
As one of the highest performing schools in West Sussex, with a Progress 8 score of +0.46, (2019) we have an unwavering focus on enabling our students to achieve their maximum potential.
According to our recent superb Ofsted report (2022), Hazelwick is a ‘good and improving’ school;
• which is very successful, welcoming and ambitious
• which is kind and caring, with remarkably strong relationships between staff and pupils
• where you can see and feel the shared values of respect and responsibility in and out of lessons
• where there is a remarkable sense of community
• where expectations are set very high
• where pupils from diverse backgrounds work extremely well together to achieve very high standards
• with confident learners who focus especially hard in lessons and use lesson time extremely well
• where pupils’ behaviour is excellent
• which is a safe and inspiring place to learn
• where the school motto ‘effort achieves’ pervades all aspects of school life
• where staff at all levels speak very highly of the support and professional development they receive
• where staff ‘love working’
Photography & Art at Hazelwick:
• is taught by a superb team of highly skilled, supportive and dedicated staff
• is a popular option at KS4 and KS5
• has an extremely supportive and collaborative staff team
For January 2023 we are looking for:
• a knowledgeable photography teacher who has the ability to teach art
• a teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and is committed to excellence and high student achievement
• a teacher who is able to teach KS3 and KS4 with the ability to teach KS5 now or in the future
• a teacher with a passion for working with young people and a perseverance to make a difference to them and their future
• a teacher with a focus on their own professional development and a drive to work with us to become the best teacher they can be
• applications from ECTs are welcome, who would benefit from our highly-praised professional studies and support programme.
• Hazelwick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and communicates a clear framework to employees. Safeguarding is a key aspect of every role and all staff must have read and be fully aware of the Child Protection Policy. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For further details about this post and to apply, please go to our school website: www.hazelwick.org
Visits to the school are welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a tour of the school or for further information about the post.
Please return your completed application by 9am on Friday 7th October 2022.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible, as there may be occasions where we will close a vacancy and interview once sufficient applications have been received.