Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Salary: Indicative Scale 6 pro rata (pending job evaluation)
Part-time Tutor of Lower Strings (Tues/Weds/Thurs) Closing date: Monday 28th June 2021 - 12pm Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th June 2021Interviews: Week commencing 28th June 2021Start Date: September 2021Contract type : Part-timeHours : 19 hours per weekSalary: Indicative Scale 6 pro rata (pending job evaluation)
Hackney New Primary School is looking for an outstanding Tutor of Lower Strings to join our team. We have a dedicated and established Music Department and are looking for a Tutor of Lower Strings to deliver lessons to cellists in half classes and Bass players in groups of 4 from Year 1 to Year 6 and support whole class orchestras as part of our award winning music programme.
Hackney New Primary School is an outstanding and exciting school striving to create something unique and special in the heart of London. We are distinguished by our commitment to music as a core subject alongside English and maths and our mission to keep the development of the whole child at the centre of our work.
In Reception children have a daily music lesson, learning the language of music through Kodaly and Dalcroze methodologies and from Year 1 to year 6, children have 2 instrumental lessons per week, a whole class orchestra and two musicianship classes where the children continue to develop their musical understanding. Children perform widely in school, locally and at national level, having a rich and diverse experience.
As a member of staff at Hackney New Primary School you will benefit from belonging to Hackney New Primary School as well as be part of a wider support network of schools. Hackney New Primary School is part of Eko Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, currently made up of 6 schools.
At Eko Trust, every member of our community is empowered to learn, to be ambitious and to be resilient.
- Our schools are vibrant and multi-cultural centres of learning.
- Our children are happy and love actively learning.
- We are proud of our schools and excited by what we can achieve together.
The successful candidate will be:
- An inspirational, creative and motivated tutor
- Able to deliver outstanding and memorable learning experiences
- Committed to excellence, inclusion and high expectations
- Passionate about enabling every child to fulfil his/her potential
- An effective organiser with good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to respond to change quickly and effectively
- Proactive team member committed to building an ‘exceptional’ school
We can offer you:
- Unique opportunities for career progression as our new school grows
- A commitment to your career aspirations and professional development
- A strong leadership team and founding team
- A clear vision for the future – please see our website www.hackneynewprimaryschool.org
- A vibrant school community
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including DBS. Hackney New Primary School and Eko Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
If shortlisted there will be a lesson observation, instrumental task and an interview. During the interview your motives for working in a school setting will be explored. Knowing that racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination exist, we promote justice, fairness and equality in all areas of school life. All backgrounds and groups, including those with disabilities, are welcome to apply.
Please note: CV applications will not be considered. Please contact Melanie Lewis (email@example.com) for further details and for an application pack.
Address: Hackney New Primary School, 2 Downham Road, London, N1 5FR
Tel: 020 3019 3470
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.