Part time Teacher (0.4) in Lower KS2
This role is based with one of our classes of Year 3 children for two days per week (Monday and Tuesday). They are a relatively small class who are not only keen to learn but also committed to making the most out of their learning - they are getting ready to take on the world!! Our newly appointed class teacher may be encouraged to take on a subject leader role within one of our curriculum hubs; however this will only be expected once they have settled into school life, formed positive and purposeful relationships with their class and fully got into the swing of what it means to be part of our school.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to teach a wide range of subjects across the primary age range.
• To be able to use effectively a variety of teaching and organisational styles and resources including ICT.
• To have the ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships and contribute positively to curriculum development.
• Ability to set high standards and provide a role model for staff and pupils.
• To have a clear understanding of the National Curriculum and its application.
• A knowledge of strategies that enable the teacher to teach mixed ability pupils within the same class and provide work which is differentiated to cater for the entire ability range.
The salary paid will be commensurate with experience and therefore this job is open to all interested candidates - experience is not a limiting factor. Our school is a founder member of a strong collaboration with 8 other local schools who are committed to improving outcomes for children; consequently staff benefit from a broad network of support and professional development opportunities throughout the year.
About Falconhurst School
- High Trees, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK6 5AX
- LA Maintained School
- Falconhurst School website (opens in a new window)