This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week - Term Time Only plus 2 days. Monday to Thursday 8.00 - 16.00 Friday 8.00 - 15.30
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 7 SCP 23 – 27 – Full year salary range £30,151 to £33,820 Actual salary: £25,423 – £28,517 per annum
- NJC Grade 7
What skills and experience we're looking for
Aim and main purpose of the
To support, hold accountable and develop a team of tutors focusing on high standards of social, personal and academic development of students so that all students make exceptional progress across all subjects. To work closely with parents’, students and staff to facilitate this.
- To lead both the team of tutors and cohort of students. This involves giving a clear vision and direction to work, identifying key areas for improvement and planning appropriate actions to meet them.
- To manage both the people and resources associated with each year group.
- To monitor the quality of learning experienced by the year group, liaising with heads of departments and offering support and guidance where necessary.
- To hold responsibility for one key whole academy pastoral initiative
- To promote the ethos of the school through leading high-quality assemblies.
Attributes essential for the post include:
- behaviour management skills
- the ability to relate to students; teachers; other professionals and parents
- the ability to work within a team and on your own initiative
- excellent attendance and punctuality
It is essential that the successful candidate is able to communicate clearly to students and staff in a calm and respectful manner, be reliable and trustworthy and work within the Academy’s policies and procedures.
What the school offers its staff
Padgate Academy is a member of the Warrington-based multi-academy trust “The Challenge Academy Trust” and the successful candidate will be able to take advantage of the many opportunities which are offered.
Padgate Academy is on a journey to becoming a truly exceptional school for the community it serves.The school is building strong momentum and has recently seen a sharp rise in standards.To continue this trajectory,we need the best leaders for our students.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Padgate Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 525 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Padgate Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01925 822632
Padgate Academy is a fully inclusive secondary academy in North Warrington. The school benefits from being part of The Challenge Academy Trust (TCAT). At Padgate we are unswervingly committed to serving the local community through provision of a first-class education for all students. We are also committed to providing all students at the academy with a rich and ambitious curriculum offer enabling them to acquire the high-level knowledge that allows them to be successful during their time at the academy, as well as prepared to meet the demands of what comes next. During the time students are at the academy, they are also able to supplement the rich academic curriculum with opportunities to develop their creativity, character, and leadership. We believe that these aspects of education are fundamental to developing the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes necessary to enable them to thrive. These aspects of school life are brought together in our CAS programme (creativity, activity, and society) which provides opportunities for student leadership, enrichment, and expression, and enables them to make a positive contribution to society beyond the classroom. As a school we also believe in the importance of our students demonstrating good manners, showing respect, and demonstrating kindness in all they do. Students are also expected to always have a positive attitude to their learning. These things underpin our school culture and ethos and are celebrated as part of our comprehensive rewards system. We are proud of our caring pastoral support and want all students to feel happy, safe, and supported during their time here. Visitors to the school often comment on the positive relationships at the school as well as the warm and supportive learning environment. All these aspects of school life are encapsulated in our school motto ‘Proud to be Padgate’. Adam McMillan BA (Hons) Principal
Similar jobs nearby
The Elton High School
Walshaw Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 1RN
Ellesmere Park High School
Wentworth Road, Manchester, M30 9BP
HEAD OF SUBJECT - Psychology and Health & Social with TLR
Broughton Hall Catholic High School
Yew Tree Lane, Liverpool, Merseyside, L12 9HJ
Cornfield Street, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 3DR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Warrington