The Heights, Burnley are seeking to appoint a Pastoral Support Teaching Assistant Level 3 on a full time and permanent contract to start in January 2024. This role will be term time only working 39 weeks per year and full time working 37 hours per week.
What does this job do?
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by developing their communication skills, supporting them to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring/reporting on the impact of class-based interventions.
- To provide pastoral support to students experiencing difficulties on a day-to-day basis
- To work as part of the team that responds to challenging behaviour
- To provide information, advice and structured intervention to enable students to make positive choices about their behaviour, attendance and social interactions
- To liaise with staff, parents and relevant outside agencies to provide appropriate intervention for students experiencing disruption to their learning
- To liaise with support staff and teachers to share strategies for support
- To develop strong links between the school and families in order to improve educational opportunities for students and to promote a positive attitude towards school
- To adopt the key worker role for named students, to include monitoring their progress, attending any relevant meetings and reporting any concerns to the SENCo/Pastoral
What are the job requirements?
- GCSE or Equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics at level 9 – 5.
- Child Care/NVQ/ other relevant qualification (related to education is desirable) at level 3.
- Experience of working with children in an educational setting in particular meeting the needs of children who may face barriers to learning.
- Experienced in sound behaviour management techniques.
- Is able to work as a member of a class team to support planned lessons.
- Can break down given planned tasks into small steps of learning and can give focused feedback on progress made and next steps.
- Has the ability to relate well to children.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
About The Heights- Burnley:
We are a 5-16 Alternative Provision School. Our provision caters for those pupils who have found it difficult to achieve in a mainstream school. Our staff are dedicated and committed to providing the best educational experiences including vocational studies, learning outside of the classroom, personal and social development programmes, as well as the core curriculum: developing successful learners who can make a positive contribution to, and are prepared for, their future working lives.
We are passionate about making a difference, having a positive impact, delivering high quality teaching and learning, and achievement for all. Pupils are taught in small groups, which allows us to provide bespoke support packages and interventions for everyone. We pride ourselves in knowing each pupil, therefore, tailoring our approach and support appropriately. We thrive off helping our pupils achieve their goals and celebrate their success.
With the highest of expectations, our dedicated and skilled team create an environment where pupils are happy, challenged and successful.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- Employee Assistance Programme including, counselling, CBT, and wellbeing initiatives.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com.
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application. Please contact the School Business Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised, as part of due diligence checks, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates.
This job post has expired.