|Working pattern||Full-time only|
TEACHER OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
POST Teacher of PE
Reporting to Head of Department/Faculty
Salary/grade Main Scale
Purpose • To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and engaging curriculum for students and to support the curriculum area as appropriate.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ form tutor.
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and achievement.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for the personal and academic development of children and to establish a purposeful learning environment where diversity is valued and where students feel safe, secure and confident.
Main Duties Departmental Responsibilities:
• Planning well-structured lessons.
• Taking responsibility for own professional development and ensuring best practice in classroom teaching and learning
• Keeping subject knowledge up to date
• Contributing to the development of schemes of work and department resources
• Contributing to preparing for changes to KS3 & KS4 curriculum
• Contributing to the implementation of new courses within the subject area
• Attending department and year team meetings as part of directed time
• Contributing fully to the extra-curricular programme within the department
Teaching and learning:
• Demonstrate excellent practice in teaching
• Liaise with colleagues to develop and deliver programmes of study in a collaborative way.
• Plan to meet the needs of all students and work with teaching assistants and the SENCOs to ensure all students progress well in lessons.
• Engage with the school’s incremental coaching programme
Whole School Responsibilities:
• Support the Woodside Shared Values and the school’s key priorities as identified in School Development Plan
• Ensure awareness of national developments relevant to subject and current best practice
• Promote and model good relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents/carers
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Support and uphold the school’s behaviour policy to ensure high expectations for all students
• Participate in staff training and take a lead in own professional development
• Ensure effective communication with parents/carers, Heads of Year, Heads of Department, SLT, colleagues and other stakeholders
Pastoral • Be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students.
• Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students within the subject/area and/or tutor group
• Monitor student attendance and wellbeing and ensure that appropriate action is taken where necessary
• Act as a Form Tutor and to carry out the duties associated with that role
Additional Duties • Play a full part in the life of the school community, to support values of the school, and to encourage students to follow this example
• Attend all Parents’ and Carers’ meetings relevant to the teaching of the department
Other Specific Duties
• Continue professional development
• Engage actively in the school’s Appraisal and Development process
• Undertake any other duties as specified by the Head teacher not mentioned above
TEACHER OF GIRLS’ PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Qualified Teacher Status *
A degree in Physical Education or a related subject *
Evidence of a commitment to your own professional development *
A keen interest in developing the teaching of Physical Education *
Working effectively as a form tutor *
Excellent communication and presentation skills *
Competent user of ICT *
Passion for teaching *
Energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility *
Good health & attendance record *
Sense of humour *
Ability to work under pressure *
Experience and commitment to providing extra-curricular opportunities *
Evidence of high achievement in teaching across the key stages *
Applying for the job
Please complete the Woodside High School Application form,which can be found on the school website. No CV will be acceptedMore on how to apply
- PE Teacher- September 2020.pdf  0.22 MB
|School size||1153 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Woodside High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Woodside High School
TEACHER OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Woodside High School is an outstanding, mixed 11-16 comprehensive school, serving a truly multi-cultural community, where every student is valued and treated as an individual. Woodside High is a school where young people’s talents and abilities are nurtured and where they can develop their ambitions. Our aim is that all students should leave the school as highly qualified, confident and articulate young adults.
At Woodside High School we believe that outstanding teaching and learning is underpinned by a key core value and commitment to equality and diversity. Equal access of opportunity is a priority at Woodside High, as is ensuring that all members of our community have a deeply enriching and supportive experience throughout their time at Woodside so that they can thrive.
Woodside is at an exciting time in its development and we are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of PE to join our team either in January 2021. This is an excellent opportunity for either an NQT or someone wishing to further develop their career.
• Commitment to professional development within school and through our network of schools
• Collaborative leadership at both department and senior level
• Excellent support and guidance for NQTs
• Excellent career development
• A commitment to staff wellbeing and reducing unnecessary workload (for example - no formal lesson observations, work scrutinies, written reports or formal red pen book marking).
• A convenient location in Wood Green, with excellent transport links (Piccadilly Line)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st September 2020 at 9am.
For further information and an application pack please go to our website:
If you have any queries or questions, please contact Tania Bashir (HR Officer) on 0208 829 2523.
Applications must be made by application form. Please do not send a CV. It will not be accepted
Arranging a visit to Woodside High School
Please call 0208-829-2523
White Hart Lane, London, N22 5QJ