Leadership Pay Spine - Points 7-11
Post-16 Director of Curriculum and Transition
Contract: Leadership Spine Points 7-11, Full time Permanent, start date September 2021
We are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and experienced teacher to assist the Assistant Headteacher Post-16 Learning with the professional leadership and management of our ever-growing Sixth Form. Specific responsibilities will be for Year 12 transition and induction, developing an appropriate Post-16 curriculum offer (in particular the wider curriculum offer e.g. EPQ, debating, enrichment and PSHE), as well as supporting the pastoral care of all Sixth Form students.
The successful candidate will be:
• an exceptional leader of both students and staff
• able to enthuse and motivate both students and staff using relevant coaching skills
• an established, successful middle leader with curriculum or pastoral leadership experience
• knowledgeable regarding curriculum development
• experienced in student progress tracking and intervention strategies to improve achievement
• experienced in providing pastoral support for students
• experienced in supporting transition between Key Stages
• able to lead self-evaluation processes to assess impact and identify improvement strategies
• committed to continuous professional development
In return we offer:
• a dedicated Sixth Form team supported by a committed and experienced senior leadership team
• a positive environment where students are able to learn and achieve
• excellent Continued Professional Development opportunities
• a commitment to using technology to support learning, with iPads being issued to all teaching staff and students
Prince Henry’s is a successful and over-subscribed comprehensive school with over 1630 students – including around 320 in the Sixth Form. We serve the market town of Otley and the surrounding area, approximately 12 miles from Leeds.
We are a successful and vibrant fully comprehensive school with a focus on global citizenship and equalities education, and a national and international reputation for dynamic and inspirational work. The school is a founding member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance as well as the Yorkshire Leadership Community and is recognised by the local and wider community as offering educational provision of the highest quality. Our extremely positive Ofsted Report confirms us as a good school with outstanding student behaviour and outstanding leadership and management. Prince Henry’s has been designated as a National Support School by the DfE, and gained Sponsor Academy status in September 2018 subsequently forming the Collaborative Learning Multi Academy Trust.
The school has developed a number of services and benefits for staff including such things as free coffee/tea at break time, parking, annual flu vaccinations, access to Cycle to Work and Computer schemes, corporate gym membership, staff takeaway meal service through Henry's Diner, long service awards and social events organised by the Staff Committee. There is also an opportunity for the children of staff to access the excellent education available at Prince Henry's in line with the Admissions Policy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. We aim for diversity within our workforce.
Closing date Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 12.00 noon
For more information and an application form please click on the 'Vacancies' tab at www.princehenrys.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Leadership Pay Spine