Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
M1 - UPR
We are looking for a candidate who will:
• Be able to work with small groups of Primary children and young people with additional needs and provide education and opportunities to give them
the best start in life.
• Be an excellent and reflective classroom practitioner with high expectations of all children and young people.
• Be able to lead, plan and develop creative, stimulating and appropriate learning activities;
• Be able to track student progress, attainment, attendance and analyse data effectively;
• Be able to use assessment data to put into place a range of intervention strategies to ensure that all pupils make good progress and achieve high
• Be able to engage and support parents and students in the Academy;
• Be able to work in collaboration with support staff, phase leaders and external agencies to ensure all students achieve the best possible outcomes;
have the ability to motivate, enthuse, engage and inspire our children and young people;
• Be able to demonstrate flexibility, good teamwork and a commitment to the school’s values;
We will offer you:
More on how to apply
• Training and CPD to suit your individual training requirements;
• A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team;
• Excellent support from the headteacher, senior leadership team and governing body;
• High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities;
• Opportunities and potential for future leadership roles.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
116 pupils enrolled
3 to 19
About Foxwood Academy
Special Needs School
SEN Teacher – Primary
We require for September 2021 a class teacher in our popular, welcoming and supportive Academy.
These roles would suit an NQT, a teacher with SEN experience or a mainstream teacher looking to make a change. This may be a ‘subject lead’ role
for the right candidate. We would consider a part time appointment.
Foxwood Academy is a friendly 3-19 special school in Nottinghamshire, we were grade good by Ofsted in October 2017 and are looking to build a
strong and effective team to take us into 2022 and beyond.
Our students needs are varied but in general we cater for children and young people with moderate and severe learning difficulties. Many of our
children and young people have a diagnosis of Autism and a proportion have additional speech and language needs. Many of our children have spent
time in mainstream settings but move to Foxwood for a more specialised environment and curriculum.
Progression for students through the Academy is via different pathways to meet the diverse needs of the children. The Preparing for Adulthood (PfA)
framework is being used to reform our curriculum and includes outstanding provision in preparing young people for employment and their futures. We
offer accreditation to our 14-19 year old young people up to GCSE level.
The Academy has established a broad and balanced curriculum built on values and principles that ensure all students are well prepared for life in
Arranging a visit to Foxwood Academy
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed (either in person or virtually) and recommended. Please contact the Academy office, who will be happy to arrange a mutually convenient
time for a visit.
Virtual tours available via our Academy website: https://mattselbyphotography.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/FoxwoodAcademy/index.htm