Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (September 2021 - July 2022)
MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604 per annum dependent on experience)
Required September 2021 – July 2022
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Teachers at Orchard Head Junior, Infant and Nursery School to cover maternity leave. These candidate will be responsible for securing outstanding outcomes for pupils through outstanding provision. The successful candidates will demonstrate high-quality teaching to ensure pupils can make accelerated progress, and upholding the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
Both vacancies are fixed term, maternity cover roles, with start dates of 01 September 2021, due to end in July 2022.
One role is based in Reception and the other in Key Stage 1.
The school can offer:
- hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression
- significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the trust
- the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
- has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils
- will make a difference in changing children’s life chances
- has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs
- can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers
Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00am on Friday 07th May 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
363 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Pontefract Orchard Head Junior and Infant and Nursery School
Orchard Head Junior, Infant and Nursery School is a one and half entry school. The School aims to work in close partnership with the families of children in the school to ensure that every child, every day, learns and achieves. The School simply aims do this through the children.
The children in the school are at the very centre of school life. The school wants them to feel welcomed, safe, secure and part of the school family. They need to experience excitement, fun, enjoyment and challenge, so the school provides a broad and balanced curriculum to meet these needs. Children are expected to work hard and achieve the very best they are able to. The school wants the children to be able to communicate, respect and value all of those around them, regardless of age, background, culture and belief, so the school encourages and expects good manners, behaviour and conduct. The school wants the children to have good memories of their time at Orchard Head, but also to take away with them achievement, confidence, respect for and tolerance of others, and, above all, curiosity – the vital ingredient that turns ability and application into real achievement.