This job expired on 20 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 or as soon as suitable
20 February 2023 at 9am
3 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Permanent, full-time
- Significant & generous six figure salary, including a potential relocation bonus
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Believe in Ark’s pillars and values
- Have a track record of devising and deliveringhighly effective education for the students they serve
- Be committed to working in partnership withgovernors, parents and Ark to deliver strong outcomes for pupils
- Act with integrity and build effective, trustingrelationships with colleagues and students
- Be network-minded and able to contributemeaningfully to our strategic development at both regional and network level.
What the school offers its staff
We are offering a significant andgenerous six figure salary as well as the chance to work alongside some exceptional leaders who offer genuine support and capacity. In addition, at Ark you will:
- Have influence across network-wide issues through our principal meetings and regional collaboration
- Have support from an experienced group of principals and Regional Director
- Have on-hand expertise from our dedicated network education and operations teams who are ready to support you and your school
- Haveexcellent career development opportunities across both the region and wider Ark network
- Have access to excellent senior leadership training
Further details about the role
We are looking for a new Principal to lead Ark John Keats Academy at this important stage of its journey. The new leader will join our large 3 to 18, all-through school, with great potential and a strong foundation to build on.
There is real potential in our school; as an all-through school the Principal can impact our children’s journey from the moment they enter nursery. With newly built, excellent, modern facilities, and a healthy school budget the Principal also can make real change.
Today our students leave our primary phase having achieved around 10% above the national average. At GCSE, our 2022 Progress 8 score of + 0.73 (top 7% of the country) shows that success continues right through the secondary phase. Furthermore, around a third of our pupils progressed to Russell Group Universities in 2021 and 2022. We are proud of our accomplishments to date, but there is more to be done and improved on, to make sure our school is solidly strong throughout.
Ark John Keats Academy is also part of the Ark multi-academy trust, one of the largest and most successful networks of schools in the country. You will join a community of committed and driven headteachers who work closely together to share good practice, provide support for one another, and improve what we do as a school and a network.
Ark is renowned for its approach to staff development, with high quality training provided at every level for both teaching and non-teaching staff. For Principals this includes extensive training, coaching qualifications and one-to-one coaching development.
We welcome applications from both aspiring principals with substantial secondary leadership experience as well as existing headteachers.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ark John Keats Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1795 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ark John Keats Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Ark John Keats was founded in 2013 with one class of reception children. We are now a fully-fledged all-through school, running from nursery to year 13, with over 1700 children. Our secondary school is oversubscribed, with a waiting list for every year group. Our community is composed of supportive and committed families who buy into our vision and work with us to ensure their children achieve all they are capable of in the future. We aspire for all our children to have the academic knowledge necessary to enable them to progress to university, for pupils to have a love of learning and curiosity about the world, and for them to be polite, well-mannered young people who take responsibility for their choices and drive their own destinies. Ark John Keats is part of Ark Schools, a hugely successful network serving pupils from deprived communities. Our network shares a belief in our six pillars: • High expectations: we have high expectations of ourselves and for what our children can achieve • Excellent teaching: great teaching is what transforms children’s attainment and opens door for the future. • Exemplary behaviour: children can and should be taught to behave well, following instructions first time, every time, without question. • Depth for breadth: with a curriculum that encompasses the best of what has been thought and said ensuring our pupils have the knowledge and cultural capital to thrive in the classroom and beyond. • Knowing every child: we get to know and care deeply about each of our pupils as individuals. • Always learning: we expect pupils to always learn, but also for our staff to continually develop their professional expertise, supported by Ark’s broad professional development offer.
Arranging a visit to Ark John Keats Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Amit.Hathi@arkonline.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Trinity Church of England School, Lewisham
Taunton Road, London, SE12 8PD
Reach Academy Feltham
53-55 High Street, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 4AB
Harris Garrard Academy
Yarnton Way, Erith, Kent, DA18 4DW
Assistant Principal - Safeguarding and Student Welfare
Parkwood Hall Co-Operative Academy
Beechenlea Lane, Swanley, Kent, BR8 8DR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London