- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Leadership scale: L15 - L21 (£59,581 – 69,031)
The Harmony Trust
Hackwood Primary Academy
Leadership scale: L15 - L21 (£59,581 – 69,031)
Our Vision and Values
The Harmony Trust has the highest aspirations for its pupils, parents and staff members. We work hard to ensure that every child achieves. Our vision is to provide an excellent primary education that gives our children the very best chance of succeeding in life. Parents are very important to achieving this vision and we aim to work in partnership with them to ensure that all our children Believe Achieve Succeed. Our aim is to ensure that children at our academies enjoy the best education from the early years to the end of the primary stage. We believe that school should be a place where every child achieves and makes progress in their learning. We believe in the importance of children developing well-being and high self-esteem if they are to learn and do well.
We also believe in The Harmony Trust being an organisation where Learning Matters and where children become confident learners and staff are committed to learning and education. We have a great team of people working in our Academies. We aim to retain them by investing in professional development, offering opportunities to work across the Trust ensuring Harmony is a great place to work.
The Board of Trustees wish to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced leader as a Principal within our Trust. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is an outstanding practitioner, who will become part of our leadership team. The successful candidate will share our vision and values and be committed to ensuring our staff, pupils and families meet their potential. The post holder will initially be deployed to Hackwood Primary Academy with opportunities for further development and deployment in the future.
As a Trust we are fully committed to ensuring that every child has access to excellent educational provision and that all our academies are Great Places2Learn. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to lead and motivate staff teams to achieve the aims and ambitions of the trust. They will have experience of delivering high standards of education through a cycle of evaluation and improvement. The candidate should have experience of providing effective senior leadership in schools and knowledge of evidence informed strategies and practice which will enable vulnerable pupils including those who may be disadvantaged, facing challenging circumstances or have additional needs to ensure they make good progress in their learning.
As per ‘The Harmony Trust Scheme of Delegation’ the successful candidate will work with the CEO and Director of Education to:
• create and maintain optimum conditions for learning so that all children in all academies experience a Great Place2Learn
• create and maintain optimum conditions for working so that all members of staff in all academies experience a Great Place2Work
• ensure that all pupils achieve their maximum potential including those who are identified as disadvantaged or as having additional educational needs by providing high quality provision
• implement, provide leadership and accountability at academy level on all areas of the strategic plan and ensure that academy level planning reflects Trust wide priorities including the Harnessing Technology Maximising Learning(HTML)strategy
• identify the professional development needs of all and utilise the support of the Harmony Trust Development Team demonstrating and modelling collaborative working
• lead by example, inspiring and motivating children and colleagues
• develop highly effective relationships with parents so they are partners in learning
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to be part of our team, working collaboratively with colleagues who are committed to educational excellence
• Friendly and supportive staff, parents and trustees,
• A commitment to high quality professional development,
• Opportunity for future career development & progression within the Trust’s portfolio of schools and most importantly
• Support and mentoring from an experienced Executive Principal
• The chance to transform the lives of children and really make a difference
Should candidates wish to discuss this role further then they are strongly encouraged to contact Jessica Hainsworth, Director of Education, (email@example.com) or Tamara Rolfs, Executive Principal, (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a convenient time.
The Harmony Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 130 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Hackwood Primary Academy
We feel deeply privileged to be leading this fantastic, modern academy and we are enjoying working with pupils, parents, staff and the wider community to provide a truly exceptional education for the young people we serve. We are confident that your child will reach their full potential both academically and socially and develop a love of learning at Hackwood.
Is to work with parents and the community to provide outstanding education and care for all.
In line with our motto for children to believe, achieve, succeed, at Hackwood we have five Values.
We aim for all children, staff and parents to be:
OUR 'FABULOUS FIVE’ RULES FOR GOOD BEHAVIOUR IN AND AROUND SCHOOL
We are friendly and kind
We look after property and our environment
We listen and follow instructions
We work hard
We are honest