Principal, Park House School, Newbury, Berkshire
Leadership scale: L25 to L31 (Salary £74,102 to £85,825) or higher for exceptional candidate
Start date: depending on availability of candidate
Closing date: Monday 2nd March
Park House School is working in partnership with Achievement for All Trust, as they seek to appoint a Principal to lead this thriving secondary school through to the next stage of its development!
Are you an experienced Principal or Principal determined to take on a new challenge and would like to join a ‘Good’ school with huge potential for future growth and development? Or maybe you are a committed SLT member who believes they now have the experience to take Park House School to ‘Outstanding’.
This 11-18 growing secondary school has 1130 pupils on roll with a popular and expanding sixth form. The school has specialist Sport’s College status providing outreach to 57 primary schools, and excels in performing arts and IT. It has recently been identified as one of 30 NCCE specialist IT computing hubs supporting schools across the South-Central region.
Achievement for All Education Trust was established in September 2018, with Park House school as its first school. We are now facing an exciting stage in our development where we will be expanding to take on new schools. We are looking for a Principal who has:
· the ability to lead and inspire the school and trust community, with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of successfully managing teams
· passion and enthusiasm to lead this thriving school, sharing the vision and mission of the school and trust for the ‘Achievement of All’
· excitement at the prospect of supporting a newly established trust with its expansion plans
For further information and confidential discussion on the Principal role at this thriving school, please call Nicola Laverton (HR Director) on 01635 279479 or email: email@example.com
Completed application forms should be returned to HR@afatrust.org or posted to HR, Achievement for All Education Trust, The Stables, Andover Road, Newbury. Berkshire. RG14 6NQ.
Assessment day: 9th March 2020
Interview day: 10th March 2020
Offers of employment are subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks, references medical and other relevant clearances.
Essential educational requirements
• Further qualifications such as a master’s degree, NPQH (desirable)
• Evidence of recent, relevant professional development
• A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Working in a school within an Education Trust (desirable)
• Successful Headship experience or senior leadership experience in a good or outstanding secondary school
• Working in a school with a sixth form
• School self-evaluation and improvement resulting in improved outcomes teaching in KS 3, 4 and 5
• Monitoring teaching and learning, and using assessment to ensure ‘Achievement for All’ students including
• Working alongside HR department to successfully line manage staff including staff Performance Management
• Successful partnership working with students, parents/carers, staff, Governors, external agencies and the wider community
• Budget preparation, implementation and monitoring to ensure the best possible outcomes for students on a limited budget
About Park House School
- Andover Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 6NQ
- Park House School website (opens in a new window)