- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Term time
35 hrs per week, 40 weeks per year (8am - 4pm)
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 31/08/22 in the first instance)
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £19,698 - £21,748 (pro rata)
- Actual salary
- £16,221 - £17,910
Springfield Infant School & Nursery is a unique, exciting place to work. Working under the instruction/guidance of the office manager and senior leaders this is an exciting role at the heart of the school and the successful candidate will play a key part in ensuring that families and visitors feel valued and part of our community.
Our challenge to you…..
* Be highly organised, flexible and quick thinking, have an eye for detail, a sense of humour and the ability to work well under pressure.
* Be friendly and professional, modelling excellent communication skills in order to support our children and families, as well as welcome visitors
* Have experience with and be able to use school administrative and financial systems e.g Arbor MiS, PSF and the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Complete first day of absence calling and recording and liaise with the educational welfare officer to tackle any non-attendance
* Welcome, support and administer any new admissions, liaising with the Local Authority where appropriate
* Assist with first aid / welfare / lunchtime duties and arrangements for school trips and events
* Maintain stocks and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required, ordering and undertaking basic financial administration
* Provide general administrative support to teaching staff and senior leaders
* Have awareness of the specific needs of young children in relation to their health, safety and wellbeing as well as their education.
* Show true team player qualities by collaborating with colleagues and participating in the wider life of the school.
Our commitment to you…..
* A community of staff dedicated to giving children a magical start to their educational journey.
* A well resourced school that encourages continuing professional development.
* Trust in your capabilities and support for you to realise your innovative ideas.
* A school where you will be enabled to make your mark and you will really know you are making a difference in the lives of children.
Applying for the job
Please use the attached application form and return it when completed to email@example.com.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 7
- Education phase
- School size
- 290 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 7
About Springfield Infant School and Nursery
Springfield Infants is a unique, exciting place to work. Within it's urban setting you will find many hidden gems; a dedicated, talented team of staff; enthusiastic, happy children and at the heart of our grounds, an oasis of wildlife.
Visitors to our school always comment on the 'feeling' they get as they look around, a distinctive atmosphere which I believe is a special blend of high quality learning experiences, care for every individual and a little Springfield 'Magic' which ensures the high standards of behaviour, independence and confidence that each and every one of our 310 children aged 7 or under demonstrates.
As Head Teacher I have the pleasure and absolute privilege of working in this atmosphere every single day and I hope you will want to join us in being a vital part of a child's first steps on their educational journey.
Arranging a visit to Springfield Infant School and Nursery
Please contact the school office for more information or to speak with the office manager about this role.