- G2 - £14,832 per annum
Receptionist (Morning) job summaryAre you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you?
Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe all our exceptional staff contribute to transforming students’ lives!
We are looking for a Receptionist who would like to join our dynamic and successful school; someone who would like to be part of a friendly and hard-working team.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own work load, meet all deadlines and remain calm under pressure
• Have a high level of administrative and computer skills including MS Office Excel & Word
• Be highly numerate and literate, have strong attention to detail and accuracy with a good level of education
• Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, clearly and accurately both orally and in writing with a wide range of people e.g. students, teachers, parents/carers
• Have the ability to deal positively with large numbers of students and the ability to command their compliance and respect
• A willingness to work extra hours in school both before and after the school day while examinations are in progress
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking and flexible in their approach with a pro-active approach to problem solving
• Be a positive team player, willing to pitch in and help out where needed and believe in the importance of team work and a collaborative approach
• Be committed to the principles and practice of inclusion and equal opportunities for all
• Be committed to the principles and practice of safeguarding all young people
• State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
• Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
• You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
• Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
• Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, well-being garden, on-site massage, weekly fruit, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
• Free annual flu jab
• Free use of the on-site gym
• Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
Applying for the job
Please click on the link to access the online application form via the school website.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Whitmore High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 1684 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
Please view our school website for further details on the school. OFSTED graded outstanding in all areas and commented “ Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work ”. Our students are happy, well behaved make excellent progress.
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. A copy of our child protection policy can be found on the school website. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this post is listed as an exempted employment. You therefore need to reveal all spent convictions during the recruitment and vetting process.