- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time, term time
The successful post holder(s) will have the option to work from part-time to full time hours (up to 32.5 per week); this is open for negotiation with the successful applicant(s
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Relief hours)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £9.54 Per Hour
- Actual salary
- £9.54 Per Hour
Whitby Schools Federation
Relief Learning Support Assistants
Salary: NYCC Grade C, points 2 – 4 (£9.54 per hour) to be worked on a claiming basis with a holiday pay allowance being paid as a lump sum each term, dependent upon hours worked
The Whitby Schools Federation consists of three sites set across Whitby, which are Caedmon College, Eskdale School and Whitby Sixth Form College.
The Federation is easily accessible from areas such as Redcar, Guisborough, and Ryedale, as well as from Scarborough and East Yorkshire.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to this important post of Relief Learning Support Assistant. The successful post holder(s) will have the option to work from part-time to full time hours (up to 32.5 per week); this is open for negotiation with the successful applicant(s). The candidate will be employed by Caedmon College Whitby but may be expected to work across the sites of the federation. The initial work will, however, take place either on the College's Normanby Site at Prospect Hill or on the Sixth Form Site at Airy Hill in Whitby
Caedmon College is an established, successful, popular and growing 11-18 community school situated in Whitby on the North Yorkshire Coast. As a school, we have very low staff turnover and high staff retention. As well as living in the town of Whitby and its beautiful surrounding areas, colleagues travel from areas such as Redcar, Guisborough, and Ryedale, as well as from Scarborough and Filey.
Caedmon College is located on two sites about 5 minutes walking distance apart: our Normanby site hosts students in Y7-11; and our post 16 students are based at the recently refurbished Whitby Sixth Form site.
• A ‘Good’ school in every area by Ofsted in 2017.
• A school where British values are at the heart of our curriculum – so that all our students leave school knowing how to conduct themselves
We are looking for a colleague who:
• The post will involve the applicant providing one-to-one, small group and in-class support for students, under the direction of the class teacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.
• The postholder will be working with students who have a range of support needs, which may include physical, learning, emotional and behavioural.
• The successful candidate will have good literacy, numeracy and interpersonal skills and have experience of supporting and working with students with a range of additional learning needs.
• The successful candidate will have suitable experience of working in a school environment with students and will have an understanding of the importance of safeguarding children in a school setting.
The date of commencement for this post will be ASAP. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 5th November a 9am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, and for application details please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07814935700
Application forms and the Job Description /Person Specification are available to download from the NYCC jobs advert
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK APPLY ON THE NYCC JOBS ADVERT
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.