SCHOOL ACCOUNTANT / BUSINESS MANAGER FOR BRIGHTER FUTURES LEARNING PARTNERSHIP TRUST
• Organising and managing school finance, in accordance with the ESFA Academies Financial Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
• Assisting Trustees, Local Governors, Headteachers and the senior leadership team (SLT) in establishing the budget planning and financial control and procedures through which they shall be achieved, including development of resource plans as required.
• Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example, HMRC, DfE and any other financial bodies.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Detailed understanding of accounting standards applicable to Academy Trusts
Knowledge of the budget setting process and medium term financial planning
Comprehensive knowledge of Trust reporting requirements and governance arrangements
The ability to communicate effectively with external auditors in relation to statutory year-end accounts
The ability to develop and implement new systems and processes in a timely manner
Excellent knowledge of financial systems and accounting structures
Extensive experience of constructing and presenting Academy Trust statutory accounts
Experience of producing monthly management accounts
Experience of formulating short/medium term financial plans
Experience of developing financial systems and reporting structures
Experience of maintaining a fixed asset system/register and accounting for capital transactions
Experience in liaising with internal and external auditors and implementing audit recommendations
Being part of our Trust will offer you a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself, and, have a strong influence on student outcomes across our family of schools, initially focussing on the secondary phase. We actively encourage collaboration and the sharing of good practice; we believe that by developing a love of learning and having the highest expectations, all children and young people can excel.
About Hungerhill School
- Hungerhill Lane, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN3 2JY
- Hungerhill School website (opens in a new window)