- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Will consider full-time, term time
37 hours per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £34,728 to £38,890
- Actual salary
- £32,123 to £35,973
Role: School Business Manager
Location: Wordsworth Primary School
Hours: 37 hours per week, term time plus 3 weeks (42 weeks)
Salary Range: Grade 9 - £34,728 to £38,890
(actual salary for working 42 weeks will be £32,123 to £35,973)
Start Date: As soon as able
Closing Date: Friday 17th September 2021
Interviews: Monday 27th September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Manager at Wordsworth Primary School. The successful applicant will be responsible for the line management of the school’s support services and will take a leadership role providing strategic and professional advice to the Leadership Team and the Governing Body.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
• Will promote the highest of standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensure the most cost effective use of resources in support of the schools’ operation and improvement priorities
• Can demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills alongside attention to detail and good operations management experience
• Has strong business acumen, is driven and self-motivated with a proven track record in excellent service delivery and achieving goals and objectives
• Is an effective leader able to develop staff and lead continuous improvement initiatives in a pragmatic and cost-efficient manner
• Has an understanding of educational management issues
• Has the ability to take on a leading role on matters of estate management, finance and human resources
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 625 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Wordsworth Primary School
Wordsworth Primary School is part of the Jefferies Education Partnership.
The Jefferys Education Partnership (JEP) comprises a cluster of schools around the Upper Shirley area of Southampton and is part of the wider Hamwic Education Trust group of 34 schools. Our group of schools has been working together for eight years and comprises Upper Shirley High School, Southampton Children’s Hospital School, Hollybrook Infant and Junior Schools, Shirley Infant School, Shirley Junior School and Wordsworth Primary School.
We aim to provide high quality inclusive ‘through education’ from 4 to 16 for all the children of our local community and through adopting common and agreed policies and working practices to provide a harmonious educational journey for our children.
We work collaboratively across the group of schools at all levels to promote a self-sustaining model of school development and improvement to ensure high expectations, standards and outcomes academically, socially and culturally. By working with other community groups and partners we aim to contribute to the building of a strong, diverse and vibrant community in Upper Shirley.
We have high levels of professional and personal trust between schools and promote partnership working as the default position.
Arranging a visit to Wordsworth Primary School
If you would like to visit the school for a tour and to meet the Headteacher please ring 023 8077 6397 to make an appointment.