L12 to 16 (£55,339 - £61,167)
An exceptional opportunity for a highly talented teacher to join an expanding and progressive trust with over 8,000 students.
Tove Learning Trust has recently undergone a rapid period of expansion and now has ten schools in Northamptonshire/Milton Keynes and the West Midlands. We are looking to expand our team of school improvement directors to ensure that standards of achievement and teaching and learning across the trust are of the highest quality, and that schools joining the trust are fully supported.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and highly skilled School Improvement Director for Humanities to join the multi academy trust (MAT) from September 2021. The successful candidate will be a specialist in History or Geography with the energy and enthusiasm to guide teaching and learning in Humanities to become outstanding across the MAT. The role will be based at one of our secondary schools in Northamptonshire/Milton Keynes and will include a 40% teaching timetable. The remaining 60% will be working strategically with the curriculum leaders at each secondary school to support their development and that of their teams, in order to drive improvements in History and Geography. As an experienced leader with the ability to motivate others you will harness the key strengths of colleagues, and lead rapid and sustained improvement in Humanities across the trust.
The successful candidate will:
• be an experienced and outstanding classroom teacher
• have a demonstrable ability to establish a positive and motivational performance culture
• secure outstanding achievement in all Humanities subjects that exceeds national, regional and local expectations through observation, scrutiny, interviews, coaching and action planning
• have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As travel is required between sites, you must have access to a reliable means of transport in order to carry out your duties.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. Teachers are supported by exemplary senior leaders and by a network of advisors. We are a lead provider in a regional teaching school hub and can offer high quality professional development to support all stages of your career.
The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
Our shared vision and values focus on all aspects of school life to help students achieve to the best of their ability. We aim to provide an engaging and rewarding work environment with a high expectation culture, where all staff are valued and equipped to meet the challenges associated with high quality teaching and learning.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.