We are looking for an experienced Premises Manager to join our team at The Swan School in Oxford. You will be responsible for overseeing the security and maintenance of our state-of-the-art school buildings and ground, built in 2019.
As Premises Manager, your key responsibilities will include
- Ensuring the security of the school site as a deignated keyholder, ensuring locking up arrangements are in place and providing out of hours and emergency access
- Managing ongoing servicing and maintenance contracts such as cleaning, grounds maintenance, including getting quotes for new contacts when required
- Overseeing general maintenance & repairs, including planning ongoing maintenance work and regular maintenance checks
- Managing specialist areas such as lighting, heating systems, BMS system, plumbing
- Ensuring the school is compliant with all H&S and COSSH regulations by overseeing regular health & safety checks and updating risk assessments
- Maintaining an effective system for logging and tracking repairs & maintenance issues
- Supervising the premises team and other relevant staff
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience in a apermiese management role, ideally in a school or similar environment
- Excellent knowledge of health & safety requirements and procedures
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Supervisory and facilities/contract management experience
- Literacy, numeracy and IT skills sufficient for the role
Why work at the Swan
We offer a friendly and supportive work environment with opportunities for professional develoment. Our excellent new facilities provide a great opportunity for a Premises Manager to make their mark.
In addition we offer
- Annual pay increases (in line with grade boundaries)
- A Defined Benefit Pension Scheme (LGPS) wiht favourable terms for all employees
- Competitive holiday entitlement of 30 working days for this role, with potential to increase depending on length of service. Holiday is to be taken in school holidays
- Moving from the public sector? Those without a break in service can be reassured that RLT will recognise their continuous service
- Employee centred and family friendly policies and practises that support you in and beyond your workplace
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave, paternity leave, and parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funded eye test and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
- Option of part-time hours for the right candidate (minimum 30 hours per week)
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about this post, please contact us via email@example.com or on 01865 416070.
**Applications will also be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted.**
The River Learning Trust and The Swan School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. All staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/latest employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. This role includes regulated activity relevant to children and it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. For further guidance for applicants click on this link List of offences that are not filtered
For all RLT Safer Recruitment Documentation candidates should click on the following link
The Swan School's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here
The Swan School is a free school managed by The River Learning Trust, which is an exempt charity and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with a registered company number 7966500. Registered Office: c/o Gosford Hill School, Oxford Road, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 2NT
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.