Science Faculty Co-Ordinator
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational teacher of Science to coordinate, manage and provide strategic direction for our Science Faculty from 1st January 2020. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the continuing development and improvement of our College.
The successful candidate will have:
• the ability to lead on the Science Development Plan;
• the ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilities;
• an understanding of effective strategies for intervention where underachievement occurs;
• a desire to share experiences and good practice with colleagues;
• a positive approach to teaching, our College and the community.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree in relevant subject(s)
• PGCE or equivalent
Enhanced DBS certificate, vetting, disclosure and barring service checks
Essential skills and experience
The Faculty Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and line managing a team of teachers, support staff and a range of courses. You will be able to develop an ambitious, innovative and collegiate Science Faculty that works hard to make the subject exciting, relevant and enjoyable. You will be an inspirational practitioner with great curriculum knowledge across the Science spectrum. You will value teamwork and be committed to personal improvement and development. You will have a passionate belief in the ability of all to succeed, have high personal standards and set the highest expectations of students.
TLR 2.3 = £4,531
About Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre
Earl Mortimer College & Sixth Form Centre is a thriving and dynamic College placing the education of our students, in all aspects, at the heart of its drive for excellence. In November 2013 and October 2017 our Ofsted report judged us Good in every single aspect. At our truly comprehensive College, we have 558 students on roll including our post-16 provision. Our students come from a large rural catchment area, however, the College itself is the most modern, ’state of the art’ and attractive learning environment.
- South Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8JJ
- LA Maintained School
- Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre website (opens in a new window)