Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (From September to cover Maternity leave)
TPS: £25714 - £41604
Teacher of Science
Required for September 2021 – Fixed term to cover maternity leave
We are looking for an outstanding teacher of science who is fully committed to excellence and helping every child succeed. Any of the science disciplines of Biology, Chemistry or Physics will be considered. This is a fixed term post to cover maternity leave (dates to be confirmed).
The successful applicants will:
• Be dedicated to the best possible outcomes for our students and the highest levels of professional practice and learning for themselves.
• Have an ability to inspire, motivate and engage our students.
• Be a committed, highly competent, reflective and resilient individual.
• Be excited about the opportunity to teach science across the entire age range of our 11-18 college.
• A large, experienced and innovative Science team that is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
• Refurbished laboratories (2019)
• A supportive and professional team of colleagues.
• Excellent staff-student relationships.
This role requires the ability to fulfill all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Applications from NQTs are welcomed as well as more experienced teachers.
King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS certificate is required for this role.
Application forms are available from our website
Please return your completed application form to
Closing date: 9am 07 May 2021
Interview: W/c 10 May 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
947 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About King Edward VI Community College
The College is situated in the South Hams town of Totnes with a wide and varied catchment area. Our community richly diverse, encompassing not just itself, but wonderful countryside that surrounds it. We are Co-operative supported by Dart Valley Learning Trust. This very special place to work: we celebrate our focus on comprehensive inclusive qualities. students fantastic mix personalities talents, value each every one them. committed making real difference their lives: supporting them flourish, go extra mile make this happen. As Ofsted (2019) recognised staff 'relentless pursuit better outcomes for pupils'. rightly pleased with, fulfilled by, judgment as good school. aspire be consistently outstanding all do, encourage creative approaches learning, want harness potential develop truly unique school, infused co-operative values prepare children happy successful adults. Please see further information website.