The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Science teacher to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers.
At The Reach Free School pupils have a minimum of four Science lessons every week, and those studying triple Science GCSEs have eight lessons per week. At Key Stage 3 pupils are currently taught three Sciences by one teacher, so the ability to teach multiple disciplines at Key Stage 3 is required. Popular Science electives supplement learning in the classroom. We have five Science laboratories and a well stocked preparation area to allow pupils to progress to the highest standards. The successful candidate will also have an important role to play in the development of A-Level science courses in our sixth form.
You will have a passion for all the Sciences, and be able to demonstrate excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in Science and beyond.
The Reach Free School is looking for its teachers to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be committed to securing the best outcomes for all pupils at the school with an understanding of how data can be used to maximise progress
- Have a passion for education and be open to innovative approaches in everyday aspects of school life
- Offer enrichment and extra-curricular experiences related to their subject area and beyond
- Contribute to the overall development of the school
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- Access to the latest technology to assist in developing your teaching and learning
- Competitive salaries, based on skills and experience
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- The potential for further management opportunities
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
This position is suitable for newly qualified teachers or those interested in completing a School Direct Salaried route into teaching.
The Reach Free School is a successful and growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Apply by Monday 2nd March 2020
Interviews to take place: Early March 2020
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.
Essential educational requirements
Education to degree level
GCSE Maths and English (grade A*-C) or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
- Outstanding subject knowledge
- Knowledge and application of Assessment for Learning (AfL)
- Recent experience of successful teaching, leading to high achievement for pupils of all abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current subject requirements related to the National Curriculum and Examination requirements
- Ability to motivate, inspire and support all pupils to achieve and succeed
- Ability to reflect and develop your practice for the benefits of all learners
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Able to communicate with a wide range of audiences
- Commitment to The Reach Free School’s core values of achievement, community, and enjoyment (ACE)
- Confident use of technology
A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
About The Reach Free School
The Reach Free School is an 11 to 18 school in Rickmansworth, which serves pupils of all backgrounds and abilities. Opened in September 2013, the school was founded by a group of teachers and local parents in response to a significant demand for more secondary school places in the area. All involved with the school have high aspirations for our pupils and high expectations of them. As such we expect all pupils to: commit their best efforts to all that they do; support each other to achieve their potential; work with their teachers to exceed their goals; demonstrate exemplary behaviour in all that they do; take pride in their school and its community within its walls and beyond; enjoy learning. The Reach Free School plays an active role in the community, working with local businesses, supporting local events and providing a hub for local services. Pupils are very much involved in the school’s wider responsibilities, developing skills in leadership and decision making, communication and collaboration and independent, self led learning. A sense of purpose and responsibility pervades lessons and activities at The Reach Free School and it is important that our pupils recognise their own responsibilities as members of the community. It is this that underpins The Reach Free School’s ethos; Achievement, Community, Enjoyment – ACE.
- Long Lane, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 8AB
- Free School
- The Reach Free School website (opens in a new window)