Science Teacher - Fixed term to 31 August 2020 in the first instance
Manchester Evening News “School in the Community Award” 2019
Progress 8 score + 0.52
‘This is a good school’ - Ofsted
Teacher of Science T1-T9
Required for January 2020
Fixed term to 31 August 2020 in the first instance
Do you want to be part of the Sharples’ success story?
Our science results are exceptional. In 2019 86% of pupils achieved 9-4 GCSE grades and 75% achieved 9-5 GCSE grades. Sharples School Multi-Academy is a Group 6, 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 1,100 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher of science to work in our forward-thinking and successful school as we strive to be outstanding in all we do. The post would be suitable for either a NQT or an experienced teacher. Sharples School provides a very successful training programme for NQTs, working closely with local teaching schools. For experienced members of the profession there are many opportunities within the school to add to their existing range of experience and expertise and lead on aspects of teaching and learning. There are opportunities for working with classes across the ability spectrum and all three sciences at both Key Stage 3 and 4 and to work in a pastoral role as a form tutor.
We require someone who can demonstrate and evidence:-
● excellent communication skills;
● a high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding results at both key stages;
● excellent teaching and improving student outcomes.
The key areas of responsibility will be:-
● To plan teaching to achieve outstanding progress in students’ learning;
● To set high expectations for students’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and the development of positive and productive relationships;
● To use a variety of teaching methods and resources, which sustain the momentum of students work and keeps all pupils engaged;
● To use assessment information to inform planning and maximise progress;
● To mark and monitor students work providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise progress.
To apply for this post, download the school application form which should be completed in full and submitted with a letter of application outlining how you meet the requirements of the post. This should be no more than two sides of A4, point 10, and send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 am on Monday, 11 November 2019.
Sharples School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service. The school operates the local authority no smoking policy and is a no smoking site.
Hill Cot Road
Tel: 01204 333253
Essential educational requirements
- Qualified teacher status
- Qualified teacher status
- High level of subject knowledge
Essential skills and experience
- Proven success as classroom practitioner
- Committed, enthusiastic, active person
- To have had successful experience across the age and ability range
at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
-Good skills in ICT
- A positive attitude to broad aspects of school life and
contributions to new initiatives and developments.
- Able to inspire and motivate staff and pupils.
- High standards and expectations for all students developing self
esteem and positive attitudes in pupils.
- Professional appearance and demeanour. Very good role model.
- To work independently with initiative and as part of a team.
- Be ambitious and keen to undertake relevant continued
professional development for self and team.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Energetic; Enthusiastic; Motivating; Charismatic; Dynamic; - -
About Sharples School
Sharples School Multi-Academy Trust is a Group 6, 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 1,100 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2019, with areas of outstanding practice.
- Hill Cot Road, Bolton, Lancashire, BL1 8SN
- Sharples School website (opens in a new window)