George Green's School, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£30,000 to £40,000|
WE ARE A ‘GOOD’ SCHOOL (Ofsted March 2017)
Inner London Allowance
We seek to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated Science Teacher with a real passion for learning and teaching, to join our successful Science Faculty.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a teaching role in a school that has made rapid improvements over the last three years and confidently expects to continue to do so.
Our school motto, ‘Aspiration Equality Excellence’ is at the heart of everything we do. Inclusion and equality are very important to us.
A career at George Green’s School offers a rewarding future, with the opportunity to make a real change to the lives and outcomes of our young people. We understand the importance of providing a supportive and nurturing workplace for our staff. Our ethos is that a happy staff will deliver the best possible experience to our students. As such, we offer a portfolio of benefits designed to enhance and support the working lives of our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
Investing in you
• A highly effective CPL programme, including dedicated weekly training sessions and opportunities for external training (e.g. NPQML and NPQSL)
• Early paid start from July for NQTs
• Large A Level cohort (future opportunities for teaching KS5)
• Free parking
• Free yoga classes
• Free breakfast, tea and coffee daily
• Staff wellbeing programme, including in-house counselling
• A strong, supportive teaching culture
• Embedded strategies for improving the work-life balance for staff, including our marking policy
• Exciting development and teaching opportunities with our partners in City of London and Canary Wharf.
Our prized, historic location on the River Thames provides endless prospects for our members of staff:
• A diverse and vibrant borough 15 minutes from the centre of London.
• Excellent public transport links including DLR, tube, and bus
• Closely located to a hub of entertainment: Westfield Stratford, the Royal Naval College, the O2 arena, Greenwich and lush, green parks.
• A diverse range of lively restaurants and pubs dotted throughout the area.
We are a school that looks ahead, plans for and embraces change. We expect and look forward to candidates who seek an active role in taking the school forward at this exciting time.
Application pack and form available to download from the school’s website www.georgegreens.com
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 13th November 2019
George Green’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, external agencies and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1165 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||George Green's School website (opens in a new window)|
100 Manchester Road, London, E14 3DW