Holmer Green Senior School is seeking to appoint an exceptional Science Teacher. The successful candidate will be a well-qualified, inspirational individual with an impressive track record of raising achievement. The ability to teach A Level courses may be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner and fully committed to high standards and expectations. The school welcomes colleagues with a creative approach who are keen to contribute to exciting curriculum developments.
The postholder will be required to demonstrate a continual positive commitment to the school’s policies including those relating to safeguarding children, health & safety, and equal opportunities.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent in a Science subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Teaching degree or equivalent (BA, Bed, PGCE etc)
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
• Ability to act on own initiative
• Ability to motivate and encourage students
• Ability to observe and monitor progress and maintain records
• Up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of Science etc and appropriate resources which delivers outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
• Good knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching at KS3, 4 and 5.
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Excellent behaviour management skills
Holmer Green is a popular 11 to 18 school with 900 students (100+ in the Sixth Form) and is expanding. As a school we are in the top 10% of schools nationally for KS4 progress and in the top 5% of schools nationally for KS5 progress. As part of our expansion plan we are also looking forward to a range of new modern facilities.
We can offer 8 staff training days (not the 5 you find in most schools), a two week October half term, professional development of a high standard. We take our staff well-being seriously and offer weekly activities, like team sports.
Main Pay Fringe Allowance payable (Plus TLR2a payment for a Department responsibility for right candidate)
About Holmer Green Senior School
Holmer Green Senior School is a popular 11-18 school with 900 students (100+ in the 6th Form). Relationships at all levels are excellent and we are committed to the professional development of all our staff.
- Parish Piece, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP15 6SP
- Holmer Green Senior School website (opens in a new window)