Annual or full time equivalent salary
- SCP 4 £23,421
Science Technician job summary
All Saints Catholic College is an over-subscribed, mixed secondary school in the heart of North Kensington. We pride ourselves on the strong reputation for outstanding teaching and exceptional results.
The diversity within our school is a key strength and allows students to acknowledge each other’s differences whilst at the same time celebrating them. The greatest ambassadors of our school are our students who demonstrate and model excellent behaviour as well as attitudes to learning.
We are a small school but with this comes a great strength. We are able to offer smaller teaching groups as well as ensuring that we get to know learning needs intricately. We aim to ensure that we offer a safe but joyous learning environment to all of our students so that that they can find the confidence to flourish during their time at All Saints.
The Governors are looking to appoint a Science Technician to work within our exceptional Science department. We are looking for an individual with a passion to see all students succeed and a commitment to ensuring that the students at All Saints Catholic College share that passion.
We are looking to recruit a Science Technician who:
• Have achieved five or more GCSE C grades (or equivalent).
• Have experience of working with Science equipment and chemicals.
• Have knowledge of Science experiments.
• Have a previous record of good work, punctuality and attendance.
• Is able to work on their own initiative and under pressure.
• Is willing and flexible.
• Take pride in the quality of their work.
• Is a team player.
• Is honest, reliable and trustworthy with confidential information.
• Have patience and show understanding of the needs of vulnerable students with whom they will be working.
• ICT skills are essential.
We can offer you:
• Students who are inspired by the Catholic spirit inherent in everything that they do, with a good attitude to learning, and who benefit from a broad curriculum with a wide range of enrichment activities
• Students who make good progress
• Students who feel happy, safe and supported in our care and are valued as individuals
• An expanding, oversubscribed school
• A brand new build open from September 2021
• A workplace with young, dynamic, enthusiastic and sociable staff
• A bespoke CPD programme for all staff and exciting opportunities
• An exciting, vibrant location in North Kensington, two minute walk from Portobello Road
All Saints Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.