Come and join our friendly and supportive Technician team!
A full job description is attached.
Role Title: Technician
Reports to: Senior Technician and Head of Department
Role Purpose: To prepare, organise and maintain materials and equipment for classroom use to enhance student learning for years 7-13.
Section C: Role requirements
Setting up classroom equipment, materials and demonstration experiments:
Each day prepare equipment and chemicals for science lessons ready for the next day’s lessons.
At the end of the school day pack away and wash up after practical lessons, thoroughly clearing the laboratories following Health and Safety regulations for safe disposal of chemicals and bio hazard material and re-stock equipment kept in laboratories.
- Assisting with planning of the after-school science club.
- Ordering and stock control:
- Complete the annual inventory of equipment and stock take.
- Throughout year Inform senior Technician of any stocks running low or problems with chemicals.
- Maintenance and care of stock and equipment:
- Maintenance and care of plants and animals
- All hazardous material checked in at the end of the lesson against prior lists and accounted for.
- Maintenance and care of equipment and stock including evaluation of its relevance and safety.
- Demonstrating equipment and techniques:
- Designing and making equipment for curriculum experiments
- Where necessary demonstrating experiments in front of class if teacher requests.
- Occasionally helping with the supervision of students on school departmental visits.
- Corporate and statutory initiatives:
- Thoroughly inspect the laboratories at the end of the day.
- Ensure control and security of radiation equipment.
- Ensure sinks in all the laboratories are free from debris and safe for cleaners using cleaning agents.
- The ability to multi- task, be flexible, be able to prioritise and solve problems.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.