Responsible to: Head(s)
assembly, demonstrations and disposal of laboratory experiments.
- Maintenance and
provision of Prep. Rooms and 19 Science Laboratories
Purpose and Objectives of Work.
- Laboratory experiments and demonstrations are
prepared to schedule and required standards in accordance with delegated
teachers requisitions and the science curriculum.
- Experimental materials are cleared, cleaned,
restocked and disposed of safely.
- Laboratories, equipment and supplies are
maintained in the necessary state of readiness for teaching.
- Preparing media and equipment including visual
aids, handouts, photocopies and computer equipment.
- Supporting and co-operating with other team
members to meet overall laboratory work, needs and goals.
Main Duties and Activities:
- Preparing laboratory experiments and
demonstrations to meet teaching requisitions delegated by the Lead Science
- Movement of equipment and demonstration
between preparation areas and laboratories within the Science Teaching Room.
- Adherence to Health and Safety standards,
guidelines and procedures particularly including laboratory reagents,
biological hazards, electrical hazards.
- Clearing, cleaning, restocking and disposing
of laboratory experimental and demonstration equipment and supplies.
- Maintaining laboratory supplies and
requisitioning maintenance through the Lead Science Technician.
- Laboratory maintenance.
- Fabrication of basic science equipment.
- Assisting in stock taking and material
control of equipment, supplies and books in the assigned laboratories.
- Completing reports to the Lead Science
Technician for health and safety incidents.
- Maintenance of displays.
- To Ensure the Prep. Rooms are kept clean,
tidy and safe.
- Other appropriate duties as requested by the
Lead Science Technician
Claremont High school Academy
is a values driven organisation and our values are at the heart of everything
we do - Excellence, Respect, Aspiration, Enjoyment and Perseverance.
We focus on recruiting people
who are aligned to our core values as we know that this is the foundation of
success for our academies and our students.
Our staff really matter to us;
our expectations are high and we expect staff to support our vision and live by
our core values and behaviours, but in return we believe in personal and
professional development and a culture where staff are recognised and valued
for their commitment and dedication. There are many career opportunities for
new and existing staff who demonstrate inspiration and dedication to shaping
If you are looking for a
meaningful and rewarding role and would like to make a difference, we look
forward to hearing from you.
What can we offer:
At Claremont we offer;
- Competitive salary
- CPD for all staff
- A supportive Senior Leadership Team who consider staff
- A supportive Trainee and NQT program
- A friendly working environment
- Occupation Health
- Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided
employer pension scheme (Teachers Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Union recognition
- The opportunity to develop your career within and across the
We strongly encourage suitably
qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join us to help us meet
our aspirations of being a fully inclusive workplace where diversity is
Claremont High school
Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that
all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
Chrysalis Multi Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks, including publicly available online checks in accordance with KCSIE guidance, will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. We expect all adults who work for the Trust to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our schools’ community.
This job post has expired.