Are you passionate about Science? Do you have experience of working in a scientific environment? Would you love to use your skills to help our students succeed?
You will support teaching and learning within our Science Department. The role will include the preparation and retrieval of materials and apparatus when required for demonstrations and practical work. You will also have responsibility for the organisation of the Science preparation room, including the safe storage and disposal of chemicals, the monitoring and management of stock and supplies and the maintenance and cleaning of equipment along with any ad hoc tasks delegated to you by the Science Department.
Applications will only be accepted on official application forms through the school website.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant Science qualification
Knowledge of all three science disciplines
Essential skills and experience
* Experience of working in a technician role or similar.
* Experience of ordering, procuring, storing and maintaining items
* Setting up resources, equipment and materials for lessons
* Experience of practical laboratory activities
* Procedures for preparation, use and maintenance of materials and equipment
* Awareness of health and safety issues relating to school science (an aware of CLEAPSS and/or COSHH regulations would be an advantage)
* Able to demonstrate experiments and techniques to colleagues and pupils
* Able to work on own initiative and to organise and prioritise tasks
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work flexibly as part of a team and be available for occasional out of hours work
* Willingness to undertake training and keep abreast of current issues relevant to own area of work through networks, conferences and other meetings
About St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic High School
St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic High School is a mixed, comprehensive, Roman Catholic secondary school without sixth form situated in Blackbrook, St Helens, Merseyside. It is a voluntary-aided state school under the Diocese of Liverpool. St Augustine of Canterbury opened in October 1991. A smaller than average secondary school, it provides 750 places for students between the ages of 11 and 16 when fully subscribed.
- Boardmans Lane, St Helens, Merseyside, WA11 9BB
- LA Maintained School
- St Augustine of Canterbury Catholic High School website (opens in a new window)