Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £19,652 to £22,265
- £14,782 to £16,747
Science Technician job summary
We are looking to appoint an experienced Science Technician to join our forward thinking, and successful staff team at Stone Lodge School ASAP. Our community secondary school first opened in September 2019 and is proving to be a highly popular, successful and over-subscribed school. We recently moved into a brand new, purpose-built school site which will includes state of the art facilities.
Overall Job Purpose
Taking instruction from Head of Science, the post holder will be required to undertake science preparation work mainly in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
The post holder will provide support to students with their experimental work when needed. We are looking for an enthusiastic technician who is skilled and organised and who would enjoy working alongside teaching staff to bring science to life through practical work.
We will be seeking:
• A creative and engaging person who can develop a good rapport with students to encourage learning.
• A dedicated and knowledgeable individual with a passion for Science and previous experience of working in a practical environment.
• A person willing to commit to the ethos and vision of the school including participating in the wider school community
What we can offer you:
As well as offering you a competitive salary, access to a generous pension scheme, and free on-site parking, there are many additional benefits to working at one of our Endeavour MAT schools including:
• A friendly and supportive staff team.
• Access to a range of career enhancing qualifications including subject and industry specific qualifications e.g. AAT; Apprenticeships; BIFM and Masters degrees.
• A range of staff social events and staff enrichment opportunities e.g. Art classes, Book Club and Sporting activities.
• Access to coaching and line management support and an assortment of Trust-wide collaborative working opportunities.
• Opportunities for promotion (where practical).
The closing date for applications is midnight on 15th May 2022 with interviews to be held shortly afterwards. Early applications are encouraged as eligible candidates will be invited to the interview stage on a rolling basis and we may appoint before the stated closing date.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Stone Lodge School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 239 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Our school is one of three secondary schools which together form Endeavour MAT. Whilst the school first opened in September 2019 with just four forms in Year 7, it has expanded to an eight-form entry school, growing exponentially with each academic year. This growth presents a range of exciting career opportunities to join our existing staff team.
Arranging a visit to Stone Lodge School
School visits are welcomed, please contact Leonie Verbeke-Cain for further information.