Annual or full time equivalent salary
- £19,026 - £19,945 SAT 4
- £14,374 - £15,068 pro rata
Science Technician job summary
There are 2 positions available.
Term Time plus 5 staff development days.
32.5 hours a week, 8:30 am – 15:30 pm Monday to Friday.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Science Department.
As a Science Technician you will be responsible for:
• Organising and preparing specialist resources and practical equipment to support learning activities in the classroom;
• Ensuring a safe, effective and efficient laboratory technician service is delivered;
• Providing technical advice and assistance to subject teachers for learning activities that support the health and safety and progress of pupils;
• Preparation and maintenance of specialist equipment and teaching areas;
• Monitoring the use and safe storage of chemicals and equipment.
The Science Department is committed to delivering practical and engaging lessons that meet the needs of all students. A passion for Science and working as part of a team, with previous experience for working a laboratory are key expectations.
The successful candidate will:
• Have demonstrable technical competence in the use of specified laboratory equipment;
• Be able to use ICT effectively;
• Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise;
• Be friendly and efficient.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our school. In return, we offer a stimulating, supporting and rewarding working environment, where all staff are valued and where you will have the opportunity to access a ranged of excellent professional opportunities to support your progression. Additional benefits include:
• Excellent on site facilities;
• Excellent CPD programme;
• Being part of a highly successful Trust;
• Local Government Pension Scheme – with a generous employer contribution;
• Employee Assistance Programme – Wellbeing and advice;
• Cycle to Work Scheme;
• Eye test reimbursement;
• Kent Rewards Scheme – access to local and national retail discounts.
• Free parking on site.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and seek to reflect the diverse community we serve.
Applying for the job
Applications are welcome from anyone who meets the stated requirements in the person specification. Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Chris Donovan-Bayley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01227 931300.
Applications should be made via Kent Teach. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact email@example.com or 01795 426091 ( option 2)
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Dates: Week Commencing 23rd May 2022
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosureMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Whitstable School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 964 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
The Whitstable School is part of the Swale Academies Trust, a leading Multi-Academy Trust for school improvement, situated in the highly desirable location of Whitstable, Kent. Rated by Ofsted in February 2018 as a Good school, we are now embarking on the next stage of our journey to outstanding and are looking for exceptional and inspiring individuals to help us achieve this ambition.
Please visit www.thewhitstableschool.org.uk and our twitter page @TheWhitSchool for more about our school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check and references will be taken up. We are an Equal Opportunities employer and seek to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applications are welcome from anyone who meets the stated requirements; please note that we cannot accept CVs.