Second in Charge - English
We are seeking to employ a well-qualified, energetic and enthusiastic teacher of English to commence in April 2020. The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and be able to motivate students through inspirational teaching. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented teacher to join a thriving school as a Middle Leader. The ability to deliver Media Studies would be an advantage. We have an extremely supportive CPD programme for all staff.
Halewood Academy is a successful 11 - 16 school and is part of the Wade Deacon Trust. It was judged to be a good school in May 2017 by Ofsted. The successful candidate will be pivotal in our journey to outstanding.
The Wade Deacon Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Miss Gallagher, Vice Principal on 0151 477 8830.
Essential educational requirements
degree or equivalent qualification.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• To have knowledge of developments with regard to the National Curriculum and other Government initiatives.
• To understand the process of learning.
• To understand curriculum continuity and progression.
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR2b (£4,661 p.a.)
About Halewood Academy
- The Avenue, Knowsley, Merseyside, L26 1UU
- Halewood Academy website (opens in a new window)