We require a talented and committed Second in Art and Design Technology (with an oversight of Visual Arts) to join
the Department in this vibrant and exciting school. You will support the Head of Art and Design Technology by
overseeing the Visual Arts department which includes Art, Graphic Communication, Photography and Textiles. You
will inspire others within the department through high quality teaching for learning, enabling students to achieve their
potential through engaging lessons. Student outcomes continues to be a currency for the future, and being able to
achieve excellent outcomes for all your teaching groups is important, but moreover, supporting other students and
colleagues is also vital. Building on the success of the department and networking within our new trust to deliver best
practice is also a key role. Through using your expertise, you will be required to monitor and support our intervention
programme, as well as being proactive in supporting non-specialist teachers within the department.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities.
• Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups.
• Be committed to evidence-based pedagogy to drive standards in Visual Arts.
• Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a
vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for
the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding
and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young
people in our community, we want to hear from you!
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will
actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to
deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual
identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate
to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young
people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Art and Design Technology department at Huxlow is a close knit, well-resourced and supportive team, comprising
of experienced teachers, ECTs and technicians. GCSE outcomes for the department in 2022 were in line with National
results and we are keen to build on this success in the future. We are currently in the process of developing a new
and creative curriculum with the emphasis on Ambition and Pride. There are also opportunities for collaboration with
schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support the development of Visual Arts teaching at Huxlow.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for Visual Arts within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
• With the head of department, lead the planning and implementation of the Visual Arts curriculum.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
• Lead on the curriculum development and implementation for Visual Arts.
• Play a key role in the writing and analysis of assessments across Visual Arts
• Have a key role in supporting non-specialist teachers with the delivery of the Visual Arts curriculum
• With the Head of Department, oversee the Evaluation and Monitoring of teaching for learning, implementing
support when required.
• Manage the intervention provision, monitoring and evaluating its impact on progress of key groups.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.