Second in Maths
This job expired on 29 September 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 January 2023
29 September 2022 at 5pm
24 August 2022
- View all Mathematicsjobs
Full-time equivalent salary
Second in Maths job summary
We are looking to appoint a Second in Maths here at Willenhall Academy to assist with the day-to-day leadership of the department and support the Head of Department to achieve the required quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes across the subject curriculum.
- Support the Head of Department with the day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area
- Develop and monitor schemes of work for your area across the academy in liaison with your Head of Department and ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of continuous professional development and training related to your area.
- To assist in the raising attainment for students in your subject area.
- To assist in the monitoring and evaluation of pupil progress and achievement against targets
- To assist in the identification of any areas of pupil under-achievement within the department and identify specific interventions as a result
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
As a trust we offer:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
A vibrant 11-16 academy in Walsall. Our vision is for all of our students to flourish and succeed, helping them to develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
Come and join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
Committed to staff development through E-ACT's professional learning programme in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
Leading the way in your mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work
Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to three E-ACT academies.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country. E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28academies across the length and breadth of England. Our academies collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country. We are always on the lookout for dynamic , motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Willenhall E-ACT Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 842 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Willenhall E-ACT Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
A vibrant 11-18 academy in Walsall. Our vision is for all of our students to flourish and succeed, helping them to develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
Similar jobs nearby
Kineton Green Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B92 7ER
Windsor High School and Sixth Form
Richmond Street, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 4BB
The de Ferrers Academy
St Mary's Drive, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0LL
Pool Hayes Academy
Castle Drive, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV12 4QZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Midlands