Required from January 2024 - 37 Hours per week - Term time only + 5 Inset days - Permanent
We currently have a vacancy for an inspirational SEN Practitioner to support our Maple & Willow Team at Oxford Road Community School.
Our Maple Classroom provides a tailored classroom approach for children, delivering personalised provision beyond the Early Years. Our Willow Classroom provides long-term specialist support for children within our school with complex needs relating to communication and interaction.
We are looking for someone committed, enthusiastic and flexible, who has a passion for working with children with SEND and wants to work in partnership with our SEN Teacher to plan and deliver learning within our specialist classrooms.
The successful candidate should have:
- Good organisational skills, as well as flexibility and a sense of humour.
- The ability to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, groups and whole classes within a specialist SEN classroom.
- The ability to develop positive and caring relationships and to support a child with specific learning difficulties
- An active interest in all aspects of SEN & curriculum development and keep abreast of changes in guidelines.
- A positive person who can work as part of a dedicated team
- Able to offer commitment to the life of our school community
We wish to make an appointment as soon as possible and will consider applications upon receipt, therefore candidates are encouraged to apply straight away.
For more information on the role or if you wish to apply visit the Oxford Road Community School website https://oxfordroad.reading.sch.uk or email email@example.com or call 0118 937 5511
Your employment is with the Wilson/Oxford Road Federation and will initially be based at Oxford Road Community School, but you may be required to travel during the course of your work. You may be required to work at any other location within the Federation and you will receive 4 weeks minimum notice of any change to your location of work.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position requires an enhanced DBS check. This post is exempt from section 4(2) of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This job post has expired.