- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Term time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (1 year)
- Grade 4, £21,542 – £23,754 per annum pro rata
Do you want to work in a school which values you as an individual? Would you like to work in an environment where standards of behaviour are excellent? Then, Krishna Avanti Primary School is the school for you!
Krishna Avanti Primary School in Croydon is part of the Avanti School Trust and are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support a child with high medical needs.
Our School has an inclusive ethos rooted in Hindu religious tradition and welcomes pupils of all faiths, backgrounds and learning needs.
This is a unique opportunity to help lay the foundations of a growing and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Comes from any background, faith or non-faith, who has high aspirations and expects the very best from all pupils
- Has excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
- Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
- Ensures the Health and safety of all pupils
- Will show commitment to enhancing the school’s spiritual ethos
- Is committed to their own professional development
- Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
- Has a good knowledge of the National/Foundation Stage curriculum
- Is an experienced and outstanding Teaching Assistant
- Has an excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
WE ARE ABLE TO OFFER:
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence-Character Formation- Spiritual Insight
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly pupils
- A committed and motivated staff team supported by an effective Governing Body
- Professional development with high expectations that everyone learns, grows and achieves
- Supportive parents and governors
- A hardworking team of professionals who are encouraged to have high expectations.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, Hindu, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 140 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Krishna Avanti Primary School
Krishna Avanti Primary School, is an inclusive Hindu faith school that provides a warm, friendly and engaging learning environment for children from all backgrounds and walks of life. This school is part of the Avanti Schools Trust. Our family of schools, work together to constantly strive to improve our service to the pupils, parents and others in the school community. Our inclusive approach to spirituality means that students with or without a faith background are always welcome at all Avanti Schools. The partnership between Avanti schools extends not merely to the sharing of good practice and an exchange of staff, but also joint pupil activities. We are also very proud of our links with the local community and the support we receive from our pupils, parents, faith partner and the Trust.