- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Fixed term (Until July 2023)
- Bexley 06
SENCO Support assistant job summary
Danson has an exciting opportunity to appoint a suitably experienced Assistant SENCO in a non-teaching capacity to assist in managing the provision for pupils identified as having Special Educational Needs (SEN). The overarching purpose of this role is to promote high quality teaching, effective use of resources, and high standards of learning and achievement for all pupils. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, flexible, well organised and able to work as part of a team as well as having the ability to work alone when required. This role is ideal for candidates currently working in a classroom support position, keen to progress within the SEN remit and take on more responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:
• To assist the SENCO in leading the provision for SEN within school
• To manage appropriate resources for Special Needs and Learning Support and ensure that they are used efficiently, effectively and safely
• To develop curriculum resources to ensure that pupils identified as having SEN have the required levels of support
• To support the SENCO in managing the implementation of an inclusive curriculum
• Within the context of the academy’s aims and policies, to work with the SENCO to develop and implement intervention groups and support
• To provide all those with involvement in Special Needs and Learning Support the support, challenge, information and development necessary to sustain motivation and secure improvement in learning
• To support learning of students as allocated by the SENCO
• To manage and maintain provision maps
• Coordinate access arrangements for pupils during all necessary exams
A primary function of this role is to support children to overcome barriers to learning.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Danson Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 658 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
We are an oversubscribed, successful and friendly school. We have completed our expansion project to become fully three-form and are excited about our next chapter within the school and local community.
Our Ofsted in April 2019 stated ‘The school is well led. It is a stimulating place in which to work and learn and ‘a strong team ethic is across the school by year group and curriculum teams.’
Our children are polite, enthusiastic, motivated and love learning. We as a school community work hard to enable our children to be the very best that they can be.
For further information about the school please visit our website: www.danson.bexley.sch.uk