Post: Early Years SEND 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Location: Academy based
Salary: Grade 1, point 2, £14,019
Contract: Temporary to 30th August 2024, to be reviewed Summer Term 2024
Status: Term Time Only Time, plus training days
Hours: 29.5 hours
Advert closes: 9am, 1st December 2024
Interviews: 5th December 2024
We are looking for experienced SEND 1:1 Teaching Assistants to support within our academy.
Our SEND team is a forward thinking, vibrant group of people committed to helping our pupils achieve their very best. You will be required to support the children individually as well as work with the children within a whole class and group setting. The posts will involve supporting the children’s learning, social and personal care needs.
It is expected that the successful candidates will liaise with the parents, staff and outside agencies around the needs of the pupil.
Purpose of the job
Overall purpose of the post is to work with teachers support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff and may be responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan.
Teaching and Learning
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff.
- Provide classroom support in the teacher’s absence for short periods of time.
- Support pupils to understand instructions.
- Support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils.
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task.
- Supporting pupils learning through play.
- Prepare and clear up the learning environment including displays and the presentation of pupil’s work.
- May handle small amounts of cash e.g. for school visits.
- Photocopying, filing and preparing resources for lessons as directed by the teacher.
Exams, educational visits and other supervision
- May invigilate exams and tests.
- May assist escorting pupils on educational visits.
- May assist with break time supervision including facilitating games and activities.
Personal and welfare support
- May assist pupils with dressing, hygiene and eating whilst encouraging independence.
- Supporting pupils emotional and social well-being, reporting any problems to the teacher.
Systems, policies and procedures
- Contribute to maintaining a safe environment.
- Responsible for the careful and safe use of equipment
- May demonstrate own duties to new or less experienced staff.
Building professional relationship
- Communicates with pupils to support learning and development and encourage acceptable behaviour.
- Exchanges information with staff and parents/carers.
Record keeping and information management
- Record basic pupil data and providing feed back to the teacher.
Problem solving and decision making
- Identify straight forward solutions to simple problems and minimal personal initiative required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- NVQ level 2 in Maths and English as a minimum plus any related area or equivalent or equivalent experience.
- IT and keyboard skills.
- Knowledge and compliance with policies and procedures relevant to health and safety and child protection.
Physical demands and working conditions
- May be required to stand for long periods and or work in awkward positions e.g. low chairs.
- Some exposure to unpleasant conditions e.g. noise, outdoor working.
As a term of your employment you may reasonably be expected to perform duties of a similar or related nature to those outlined in the job description.
This job description will be reviewed and updated periodically in order to ensure that it relates to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Principal/Manager in consultation with the postholder. In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation.
Fluency in English
The post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This job post has expired.