SEND and Inclusion Lead
16 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 January 2024
18 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Full time working pattern in line with STPCD
- MPS - UPS3
For the right candidate, a TLR would be considered
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a well-qualified and highly competent person to join our team as a SEND and Inclusion Lead. This is a vital role within the school and provides a crucial link between families and school focused on ensuring that all children are enabled to thrive emotionally, socially and academically.
The successful applicant will work closely with school colleagues to ensure positive outcomes for pupils through engaging with parents/carers and their families to break down barriers that may be preventing full engagement in their education. You will also be a key member of the school’s leadership team and a safeguarding officer.
The successful candidate should:
- have experience of working to overcome barriers to learning and well-being for pupils.
- have experience of a child centred approach to providing and procuring support
- be capable of dealing with sensitive, confidential issues and complex and challenging case work
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- be open to advice, feedback and guidance / direction from colleagues
- be interested in and willing to take on CPD opportunities to extend their skill base.
- be a talented and experienced teacher
- be enthusiastic, driven and committed to ensuring the school's future success
- have a passion for ensuring High Quality Teaching and the effective use of resources to ensure progress and achievement of our pupils with SEN and those in receipt of Pupil Premium Funding
- take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of provision made for our most vulnerable pupil groups
- ensure appropriate delivery of the statutory requirements of the SEND Code of Practice
- provide support to parents/carers, families and colleagues
What the school offers its staff
There is not currently a teaching expectation connected with this role. However, the successful applicant must be an experienced and skilled classroom teacher. You will work closely with pupils of a daily basis and will use your expertise to support colleagues in school.
Lipson Vale Primary School is on an exciting journey of developing ‘trauma informed’ approaches that underpin the support we offer pupils and their families. As such, this is an exciting time to join the school as we embark on embedding practice which seeks to understand and educate about emotions and embrace the importance of relationships throughout the school community.
We welcome and encourage visits to the school. Please contact Pam Dean in the school office on 01752 224801 to book a visit.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 136 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Lipson Vale Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 412 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Lipson Vale Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01752 224801
Lipson Vale Primary School is a very special place to learn. We believe passionately in being at the very heart of our community and ensuring that all teaching and learning meet the diverse needs of the community we serve. We are a popular school that accommodates 420 children from the Reception year through to Year 6. The school team, our wonderful pupils and our families have worked together closely over the last few years to redefine the direction of the school. As such, we decided on our guiding values and a new vision which we base all of our decision making on in school. We invest heavily in ensuring that our teaching teams are given the very best professional development which means that they can provide the very best teaching and learning in the classroom. The Lipson Vale team work incredibly hard to meet the individual needs of our learners every day and we pride ourselves on the pastoral care we offer, as well as our ‘relationship’ focused approach to supporting pupils through challenges that they face.
Arranging a visit to Lipson Vale Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Plymouth and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay