- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
32.5 Hours Per Week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until July 2022)
- Grade 5 point 7
SEND Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – 32.5 Hours
Highcliffe Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and conscientious SEND Learning Support Assistant to work within the school.
• Are you a positive and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant?
• Do you have a level 2 relevant qualification?
• Do you have experience of working with children who have additional SEND needs?
• Do you have experience of working with children on a 1:1 basis?
• Do you have experience of working with children?
• Are you able to work as a member of a team?
In return we can offer:
• An excellent working environment.
• Talented and hard-working professional colleagues who are committed to children’s success across the curriculum.
• A supportive, friendly and caring team.
The successful candidate will work 1:1 with a pupil under the guidance of the class teacher, SENDCo and Assistant Headteacher to support the delivery of high quality teaching and learning to help raise standards of achievement. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our dedicated and talented support team. The role will also include some general lunch time supervision. Our LSA’s work flexibly in that they may sometimes work with different classes or key stages, depending on the needs of the pupils and of the school as a whole.
Actual hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am – 3.30pm
Term time only
• GCSE Maths and English
• Previous experience of working with SEND/ school environment
• NVQ 2 in Support Teaching and Learning, or equivalent.
Grade 5, point 7
Closing date: Tuesday 30th November 2021 at 12noon.
Interviews: Tuesday 7th December 2021.
Please forward your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CV's WILL NOT be accepted.
For any queries about our vacancies please email email@example.com
Due to the volume of applications we receive we're unable to contact each applicant with a decision. If you don't hear from us within four weeks of the advertised closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Highcliffe Primary School is part of the Lionheart Academies Trust.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We welcome applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.